Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£100,000 for a lifetime of EPL disappointment

• 16-09-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Cheered myself up today reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Could just post the article instead of making us click things :p

My own version 10 season tickets @average €130 dont pay for kids , away games are more drinking sessions and so ticket price doesnt really count the game is just the excuse really. use Student or Social card in Tolka , when bohs get their money will do same there :p

Our cup runs are famously shortlives so about 2k for me :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Irish TD (that's Member of Parliament to you) Barry Andrews has declared that profits are now clearly ahead of sport at Man Utd and it would be unacceptable if Irish parents are under pressure to pay for increased ticket prices and even more merchandising.
    "I fear that if ticket prices were to increase, this form of entertainment will once more be denied," said the Fianna Fail politician from the city that's home to League of Ireland sides Shamrock Rovers, Shelbourne, St Patrick's Athletic, Dublin City, UCD and Bohemians.

Love it! :D What a tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Barry Andrews has declared that profits are now clearly ahead of sport at Man Utd

No way?! Who would have thought that a plc would operate like that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

"Barry Andrews has declared that profits are now clearly ahead of sport at Man Utd"

Yes wouldnt it be crippling for irish sport if Bohs, shels, rovers and pats were like manchester united. Thank god St. Pats put "football ahead of profit" and I get to watch them play in a glorified cattle shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Sunderland are putting their beloved supporters from Oireland, with which the club has links going back, oh, at least eight years, ahead of everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

That sounds cheap :D
    A West Ham fan who has written three 'Fever Pitch'-style books, reckons he spent £5k (including tickets, travel, beer, food, time off work) following football when he went to every first-team match, in a season where Hammers failed to reach the QF of either Cup and weren't in Europe either...
    That means it'd be only twenty years to rack up £100k :eek:

Del

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

And that's from doing it from within the same country! :eek: You must have t have REALLY liked someone's jersey as a kid to do something similar from over the water!! :D

Advertisement