Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword: The Angel of Death

Options
  • 16-09-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Eurogamer have a review up, and it looks like Revolution have gone back to basics with this, cutting out the crappy action bits that featured in Broken Sword 3. Its been a long time since a quality adventure game came out, I for one am ordering this off Play right now :)

Comments

Did you get the game yet?

I'm definitely going to buy this (I've a backlog of games that I have to play but this will shoot right up to the top of that list!).

I enjoyed the Sleeping Dragon but it still lacked something, which the previous two had. After reading that Eurogamer review, this should be class, really looking forward to getting stuck into this, always loved this series (for me, the music is really spot on) and hopefully this will be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, I only ordered it from Play yesterday. Their stuff normally takes about 8 days to get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

MoonHawk wrote:
    I enjoyed the Sleeping Dragon but it still lacked something, which the previous two had. After reading that Eurogamer review, this should be class, really looking forward to getting stuck into this, always loved this series (for me, the music is really spot on) and hopefully this will be successful.

I agree with you there. 3 was just ok. It didnt have the humour or charm of the first 2, especially broken sword 1. The review says the script and voice acting is much better this time round!! I hate the way they resolved the story from 1 with a game that felt so different to play. Thankfully, they're back to point and click again. Not that its a great game mechanic, it just suits the game and its storytelling format.

I will get it as soon as i get a PC to handle it, which may be a while. I hope it is a success. Id like to see more of Revolutions games more often.

In case you're interested, there are some older Revolution games available for free download from their site:

http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=10

They are a bit old and haven't aged well but still fun in the absence of more modern Revolution gaming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah come on now, Beneath a Steel Sky is still a classic.

• Advertisement

Sorry about that, I've only played Lure of the Temptress, so I was referring really only to that.

Beneath a Steel sky is on my list...it hurts me to say I didn't play it yet :(

Download the full version of it with the speech, the voice acting is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Definately, I downloaded both, Lure of the temptress at the time had phenominal graphics, but now it neither looks or plays great. But Beneath a Steel Sky is still great. Along with the original Monkey Island games, it really stood the test of time as a graphic adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is the new broken sword only on the pc or is it going to be on console's.

PC only, for now. Apparently 75% of of Broken Sword 3 sales were on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Just a hint, SAVE YOUR GAME!!! Was playing this for 10 hours yesterday and I crashed it by ALT-Tabbing too much while burning a CD....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Altheus wrote:
    Just a hint, SAVE YOUR GAME!!! Was playing this for 10 hours yesterday and I crashed it by ALT-Tabbing too much while burning a CD....

Ha-ha!

[/Nelson]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I love broken sword its a wonder no other company tried to release a similar game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Ah come on now, Beneath a Steel Sky is still a classic.
    Definitely :)

I'm only a couple of hours into BS4 (not had to chance to play it much). It feels a lot better than BS3 did, even if the point and click interface can be a bit annoying at times.

Advertisement