Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom To ?

• 16-09-2006 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I want suggestions for broadband products. I am in Dublin but smart doesn't cover my area yet and Irish Broadband is sounding mighty tempting due to its lack of limitations on data transfer. I have heard some nasty things about it though.....

I ask because if I leave Eircom I won't get my connection back simply because in my area there is a waiting list a mile high for there broadband connections.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why are you leaving Eircom? Is it the cost or are there other reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I want to totally remove line rental from the equation since we barely ever use the home phone and I am sick of being restricted by eircoms download allowance. I suppose I could live with the line rental if I had unlimited data transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Magnet have a 150gb cap if thats any good

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Eircom dont normally charge people who exceed the cap have you had problems with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

No real problems but I have never gone over the download by an more than a gig. Not for lack of wanting to download but fear of paying there sur-charges...
    I have been them for nearly...3 years now? If memory serves me correctly.
    So I think its time for a change with infinite goodness :D. Magnet could be interesting I'll have a look at them.

*EDIT* We will be in your area with our full suite
    of Magnet Entertainment
    services in 14 months. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement