Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOAD LIve

• 16-09-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Recently I aqquired a live taping of a soad gig called almost acoustic xmas. I dont think its a offical release but the quality is pretty good.

I wanted to say how the vocalist seems to lack any energy and totally lets the band down. He dosn't look like he wants to be there and its getting in the way of him being politically outspoken.

Dont get me wrong i love the band but watching this has killed any desire i had to see them live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i saw them in 2001 at ozzfest and they were amazing. they were utterly fantastic beyond anything i expected. bags of energy... then when they were touring for the newer stuff, seeing them live on tv and stuff, they just looked tired and worn, and boring. the fact that daron is tied to the mic now via umbilical chord doesn't help both the energy and the music (he can't sing).

i'd like to think them taking a good long break will help but tbh, i can't help but feel this bands time is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that kroq session is dire tbh...

still though i'd like to see them live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I can't help but feel that them being so "politically outspoken" about the vices of capitalism and what not is a bit redundant and even hypocritical of them at this point, with them releasing two full priced "albums" as opposed to a two disc album (which in fact WOULD have been cheaper economically, if they really practiced what they preached). They may have contracted Kurt Cobain syndrome too (OMG IM A POPSTAR). Condemning a system that you have no problem in profiting from is no way to lead a popular culture rebellion, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I saw them at Ozzfest too, and personally, I think they are not very good live at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Condemning a system that you have no problem in profiting from is no way to lead a popular culture rebellion, I'm afraid.

i don't think they ever came out against the music industry as a whole though. sure rage against the machine got that argument all the time, and they said you have to play the game in order to change it.

korn came out against the music industry in that song about "writing a hit" and had a video with kids wrecking a music store. now THAT was hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

The two albums could have fitted on one cd. I hate the way they said they were doing it so people would full appricate the first before buying the second.Thanks:rolleyes:

I do however like the way the two boxes slot together to make one, I was well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I saw them in Germany on the Mesmerize tour and thought they were absolutely superb. Certainly, the vocalist did not lack energy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They have loads of live energy alright. But I still think that they only released one great album and that was their debut album. After that it kept going further and further downhill, and their latest, mesmerise / hypnotize or whatever its called is just drivel. But they had a great live energy there at ozzfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

seen them in london in '05, they were excellent, but that was after the release of mezmerize when daron started to whine on every track, the concert was good cos they only played about 4 tracks off it. since the 2nd even worse album with more singing by daron it wouldnt suprise me is serj is losing interest because everyone else has. they had the chance to be very good band, 1st album and toxicity are brilliant but they have seriously pooped they're last "2" attempts. a long break and a decison of where theyre going is needed.....maybe a metallica style phychotherapist could help them!but then again that wouldnt mean they would make a good album:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Maybe, but at the end of the day, they are doing what they want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

saw em in ozzfest 02 in kildare, unreal gig tones of energy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Saw em at Ozzfest and they were fantastic, also heard a live gig from holland, could have been a festival, which was brilliant. I do think it was a bit of a scam bringin out the two albums though.

Advertisement