Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mini cooper

Options
  • 16-09-2006 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Thinkin' of getting a mini cooper (black/grey), convertible - bit girly for a bloke? I've a rep to maintain...!!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Tiz a Babe Magnet imo...go for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Yeah - go for it. I think they look better in gunmeatl grey myself - but its your money. Is it the Cooper S version? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

go for a cooper S they are cracking cars......steer like gocarts and great fun to drive. Nothing girly about it just a guy who has a nice car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Lovely car but convertible? Are you sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Sorry, definitely a girl's car. Every time I see a mini with a bloke behind the wheel I think he must have borrowed his other half's car. And it's a shame really 'cos my sister in law has a mini one and it goes like a go-kart so I can only imagine the cooper being even more fun.

And the convertible? Should only be seen driven by birds with those enormous sunglasses on.

If you really want that combination of performance/handling/can touch all the windows while sitting in the drivers seat, try a 1 series beemer. Iwas particularly impressed with the 118d.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

What about normal old style mini's? Are they girls cars too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

drdre wrote:

Pitty it has those manky stripes down the body :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

milltown wrote:
    Sorry, definitely a girl's car. Every time I see a mini with a bloke behind the wheel I think he must have borrowed his other half's car. And it's a shame really 'cos my sister in law has a mini one and it goes like a go-kart so I can only imagine the cooper being even more fun.

And the convertible? Should only be seen driven by birds with those enormous sunglasses on.

If you really want that combination of performance/handling/can touch all the windows while sitting in the drivers seat, try a 1 series beemer. Iwas particularly impressed with the 118d.

I think a guy driving a Mini Cooper convertible would have more street cred than a guy driving a BMW 1 Series.

This is of course assuming the OP is overly concerned about other people's opinion of what he drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know a female who had a mini cooper and then got a convertible one.

Haven't seen it but it's orange. Our boss told her he'd have to consider revising her salary dowmwards:rolleyes:

I'd consider the colour important as a guy/girl factor, but the Mini is a fairly neutral car all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

ninty9er wrote:
    I know a female who had a mini cooper and then got a convertible one.

Haven't seen it but it's orange. Our boss told her he'd have to consider revising her salary dowmwards:rolleyes:

I'd consider the colour important as a guy/girl factor, but the Mini is a fairly neutral car all round

i saw that car on sat in BT car park,i wouldnt consider it a lads colour!

sbk wrote:
    Thinkin' of getting a mini cooper (black/grey), convertible - bit girly for a bloke? I've a rep to maintain...!!;)

i'm just after trading in a dark silver 's' :(
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=500663
    its going for 28 but i'm sure there'd be a big discount ;)

you can only get the grey(Dark silver) in the 's' model,
    but there is a darker grey, not sure on the name of the color that comes with one of the special edition mini one

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

turbo wrote:
    i'm just after trading in a dark silver 's' :(
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=500663
    its going for 28 but i'm sure there'd be a big discount ;)

you can only get the grey(Dark silver) in the 's' model,
    but there is a darker grey, not sure on the name of the color that comes with one of the special edition mini one

turbo was that your car , seems low mileage , what did you get for the trade in and what you trade up to.

Also a black mini cooper s is fine , its time us bloke took back the mini coopers.
    Also going on the Clarkson 2cd Principal no man should be seen in a convertible plus the mini one is a bit tame.

Also in regards to milltown the 1 series is horribly overpriced . the standard kit you get is rubbish , although the m version in duffy's does look the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Buy an OLD Mini Cooper. Total cred, if that's what you're after. I hate the new Mini, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Yes girls - give us back our Mini Coopers - ye can have the Mini One and the convertable its roof is electric so no danger of ye breakin yere fingernails. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Old minis are great, my bro just got a lovely mint 95 cooper.
    New minis are girls cars* , esp convertible ones ;) - have you considered an SLK, Mx5, Hyundai coupe... ;);):p:D . Are you a hairdresser??

* Though they are cracking cars to drive.

tvr wrote:
    turbo was that your car , seems low mileage , what did you get for the trade in and what you trade up to.

Also a black mini cooper s is fine , its time us bloke took back the mini coopers.
    Also going on the Clarkson 2cd Principal no man should be seen in a convertible plus the mini one is a bit tame.

Also in regards to milltown the 1 series is horribly overpriced . the standard kit you get is rubbish , although the m version in duffy's does look the biz.

i got shafted on the trade in, was promised 26 when i ordered my new car (s GP)in march and so i was trying to sell the car for anything over 27, when my new car arrived they said all they can give me was 22.5 :mad: , i ended up getting 23.5 . I'm seriously pissed with the dealer and they've lost a couple of customers over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

turbo wrote:
    i got shafted on the trade in, was promised 26 when i ordered my new car (s GP)in march and so i was trying to sell the car for anything over 27, when my new car arrived they said all they can give me was 22.5 :mad: , i ended up getting 23.5 . I'm seriously pissed with the dealer and they've lost a couple of customers over it.

If you want to get revenge, then you could put the registration number into this thread. If someone is going to purchase the car, they may do a search on google.

It would be funny for a prospective purchaser to have a print out stating what the garage paid for the car when trying to haggle on the price!!!

my thoughts exactly so PM the reg and dealer see can I do some serious cash haggling.

Also turbo the one you bought was it the John Cooper Works version and when you planning to change it . Might come a calling in 2009 maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

tvr wrote:
    my thoughts exactly so PM the reg and dealer see can I do some serious cash haggling.
    There is a link above to the car. It is listed on carzone.

• Advertisement

yeah just wanted to get that confirmed , thats some mark up isnt it.

tvr wrote:

Also turbo the one you bought was it the John Cooper Works version and when you planning to change it . Might come a calling in 2009 maybe??

my old one had a works exhaust on it, made a nice difference

the new one is a works one + a few extra bhp, it has 218, no rear seats, a different body kit and bigger wheels

P0024369.jpg

P0024378.jpg

P0024380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

here's top gear's review video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai5zkaJAfEE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Very few people in Ireland have a GP, there were only 6 sold here. If you bought one, you probably know who I am and who I work for. And anyone who even thinks "MINI is a girls car" hasn't driven one. Think Golf GTi without the ridiculous depreciation, and outlandish price. You can have a Cooper S for € 30, 500 on the road, and with the 7/8 grand difference between that and a Golf, you can stuff the MINI with extras.

ned78 wrote:
    Very few people in Ireland have a GP, there were only 6 sold here. If you bought one, you probably know who I am and who I work for. And anyone who even thinks "MINI is a girls car" hasn't driven one. Think Golf GTi without the ridiculous depreciation, and outlandish price. You can have a Cooper S for € 30, 500 on the road, and with the 7/8 grand difference between that and a Golf, you can stuff the MINI with extras.

i thought that when i bought the 's' the depreciation was not gonna be bad but i was wrong, i got strung, theres too many 's's for sale 2nd hand now

Advertisement