Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I say something?

• 16-09-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Out with the work crowd last night and for the third time running I ended up kissing 1 of the girls I work with--I really like her and I know she likes me cause she made the first move on each occassion and she has told someone else at work that she liked me also which I found out about. We've arranged to meet again during the week (this needed to be done as it would be a little more difficult arranging this at work!) .

So its obviously very casual at the minute and while usually Id just go with the flow on this and take my time, Im just becoming a slight bit paranoid that Im starting to really like this girl (which hasnt happened in ages) and if I dont make it clear that I want us to start going out as an item I run the risk of losing her to someone else(shes pretty poular with lads in general)!

So what do I do? I mean I dont want to cool her interest at all by prematurely asking her to go out with me and not see anyone else.
    thanks for reading this
    Mark,24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

she likes you. ask her out. dont play games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You both like each other, I would definitely tell her. Ask her for a drink or a nice meal, you both want it it seems. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I really think you need to get the first date over with before you bring up such a conversation!!

These things should come naturally. If you have a good time on your date you arrange a second one, a third and so on. Chances are if you meet regularly she probably wont be seeing anyone else anyway.

My honest opinion is if you bring up that conversation now it will scare her off. She is entitled to take her time to get to know you and see if its going anywhere. She chooses her boyfriend.

you cannot have the lets be exclusive chat before you even start dating. go out once or twice first and then it may be ok to bring it up. You will know yourself on the first date if she wants the same thing, find out in roundabout ways what she is looking for i.e. a fling or a relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Tell her how you feel about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

all messages made sense thanks - think trinitys helped me most---We have been out together but not yet an official date like the one we will have during the week--as i said Id usually take things as they come but because I actually really like this one girl Im a bit paranoid that someone else could get in there before me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

all the more reason to act fast. if shes spreading the word she likes you then i doubt she'll run off with another guy anyone once you ask her out and if it goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Recon wrote:
    Tell her how you feel about her.

You make it sound so easy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Rockstar* wrote:
    ...Im a bit paranoid that someone else could get in there before me:rolleyes:

And where exactly is there?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

I just mean "get in there before me" as in someone else going out with her--we've slept together on one of the nights,dont know if this makes the matter any different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Have to agree with Trinity1 on this one. She's obviously into you and you should just enjoy your first date and see how it goes. If it goes really well then arrange your next date at the end of the night and take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Rockstar* wrote:
    all messages made sense thanks - think trinitys helped me most---We have been out together but not yet an official date like the one we will have during the week--as i said Id usually take things as they come but because I actually really like this one girl Im a bit paranoid that someone else could get in there before me:rolleyes:

well then do it right and make her want no one but you ;)

its so nice that you want to have an exclusive relationship to be honest. so many **** buddy situations out there.

try not to be paranoid, i am sure she will be flattered, have fun thats the most important part. dont be afraid to tell her how much you like her - just have the date first :p

good luck!

Advertisement