Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitrox Regulators

• 16-09-2006 9:52pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

Help needed!

I have a Mares MR12 First stage reg., is it ok to use it with nitrox and if so up to what O2%.

The Mares website is contradictory, it says that no enriched air should be used & underneath (for USA only :confused: ) is says that it is ok to use a mixture up to 40% O2.

Confused??

Or perhaps is some one trying to sell me another Reg........:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Any modern reg is good for mixes to 40%
    Above that you need to have your reg "O2 Clean" which means your cylinder as well.
    Different O rings needed for richer mixes, Viton instead of rubber.
    An O2 clean reg would have to be kept for the use intended, as on ordinary air dives it would be "contaminated", same as with the cylinder, which needs fills using a personal (extra) filter.

Richer mixes mean poorer divers methinks ;-))

Seadeuce

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Nice one seaduce...........looks you have saved me a packet!!

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Just did the Nitrox qualification and using a tank for anything other than Nitrox is a big No No.IE DO NOT use your scuba compressed air tank,wether cleaned or not for Nitrox fills.Nitrox must be used in a seperate tank for the purpose.Even the filling and labeling and symbols on the tank are totally different .Would be amazed that a Nitrox filling station would allow a compressed air tank to be used for Nitrox fills.
    As for the regs stay within makers guidelines.If it says safe to use up to 40% do so..But there is no reason to have a dedicated nitrox reg.Just a bottle.

Advertisement