Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP and CD firmware

• 16-09-2006 10:58pm

Does anyone know if flashing a CD/DVD drive's firmware causes WPA to detect that the CD-ROM has changed?

I'm wondering because I need to update the firmware on my drive. The firmware version is in the device ID in the registry, changing the firmware causes the drive to be re-enumerated - so does WPA detect this as a change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Xp allows you to make hardware changes, about 3 I think, xp unlikely to complain unless you change motherboard or processor. I added additional cdrw/dvd rom to my dell machine and it did'nt cause any probs

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

This application allows you to check which devices are reporting as changed:

http://www.licenturion.com/xp/xpinfo-exe.zip

I suppose I could change the firmware and run this to see if the drive has changed, but by then its too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

youll just have to reactivate.
    its not the end of the world....

Just to conclude this, changing CD firmware does count as a hardware change, Windows sees a different drive...

Advertisement