Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a laptop, bit of advice?

• 16-09-2006 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

I'm going back to college, well in 2 days time! and i'm doing a software/dev course so I think i really should get my self a laptop. Last year I was carrying my desktop pc back and over from college home to my real home every few weeks so it wasn't really practical.

I was on laptopsdirect.ie and they seem to have very good prices.
    My budget is roughly around 1000 euro and well I need a high performance machine as i'll be doing a bit of gaming with friends in my appartment too so I'm on the look out for laptops with gfx cards with dedicated memory.

The Acer Ferrari 4003WLMi caught my eye. It looks really nice and looks good value for money at €€1113

Link: http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Ferrari_4003WLMi_LX.FR405.146/version-1.asp

Review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=3824&head=0

You get these specs:

# AMD Turion ML32 1.8GHz
    # 1GB DDR SDRAM - Low cost double memory offer – call for details!
    # 80GB Hard Drive
    # DVD Super Multi Dual Layer Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs, DVD+, DVD-, DVD-RAM and large Dual Layer DVD
    # 15.4" WXGA Widescreen TFT Screen with Acer CrystalBrite Technology
    # ATI Mobility X700 128MB dedicated graphics
    # Integrated gigabit LAN and 56k v.90 data fax modem
    # Integrated wireless 802.11b/g - Call for advice on Wireless networking
    # Integrated Bluetooth
    # Integrated 5-in-1 card reader – reads SD Memory Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, MultiMediaCard, xD-Picture Card
    # 4 USB 2.0 Sockets
    # 4-pin Firewire (IEEE 1394) Port
    # Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Pre Loaded
    # Includes Cyberlink Power-DVD and NTI CD-Maker
    # 3-hour Battery Life

The review got good ratiing too, 9/10 everywhere.

What is a nice bonus is the slot in DVD Drive, that really helpful as I hate the pop out trays.

Just wondering if anyone have opinions?

Thanks

Advertisement