Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbers on ground around Merrion Square??

Options
  • 16-09-2006 11:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im not sure where to post this so feel free to move the thread.

Anyway, I was walking along Merrion square this evening and there seem to be metallic numbers embedded in the pavement around the square. I've tried googling it but I can't find any mention of them, or what they're for.

Been living in Dublin 12 years & never seen them before! Anyone know what they are?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

taconnol wrote:
    Hi guys,

Im not sure where to post this so feel free to move the thread.

Anyway, I was walking along Merrion square this evening and there seem to be metallic numbers embedded in the pavement around the square. I've tried googling it but I can't find any mention of them, or what they're for.

Been living in Dublin 12 years & never seen them before! Anyone know what they are?

Ta
    I presume they are there for the street traders (i.e. artists selling paintings) on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Yea, they are. Or were...not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Like crop circles? Only way more obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

taconnol wrote:
    Anyway, I was walking along Merrion square this evening and there seem to be metallic numbers embedded in the pavement around the square.
    Wow, sudden massive memory of Labyrinth (the David Bowie film)... but that was arrows not numbers.

Probably street traders or newspaper stands etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement