Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Corolla - Auris

Options
  • 17-09-2006 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

20060822_132604.jpg20060823_23014.jpg
    20060825_134743.jpg20060721_24869.gif

This is the new Corolla saloon, estate and a hatchback under the name of Auris for Europe. These are Japanese market models and will be on sale in January 2007. Expect the UK built hatchback and the Turkish :( built saloon and estate to be here probably in late 2007....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

not much change then from the current model...looks a bit like the new Yaris and a lot more like its Korean counterparts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

One word to explain its looks : " Korean ". This actually makes the current model look exciting.

Moving on...

Hj

EDIT : Above post already mentioned Korean. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Looks very Peugeot 307 from the back, front looks real Mazda 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The back hasn't changed much on the hatch apart from the lights which as you say look like a 307. All the rest look terrible....no doubt they'll sell bucket loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Just when I thought Toyota were moving in the right direction style-wise...

If they made better-looking cars no-one would have reason to drive anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only thing really I see different from the current model is the name.

You'd think when changing the name it would have been a perfect opportunity for them to redesigned it from the ground up rather than just an evolution of the current car.

Still I will reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

mvpr wrote:
    If they made better-looking cars no-one would have reason to drive anything else

Toyotas don't drive that great, and reliabilty isn't what it was either, something which Toyota themselves acknowledge.

The back of the hatch looks like an Almera. It seems like they have made a conscious decision to embrace mediocrity, which is a shame conisdering the present Corolla is a fine car which just needs a bit of a livening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

As if the name wasn't bad enough, the saloon looks like it's an Avensis that shrunk in a boil wash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Why are they changing the name of one of the best known cars in the world?

It made sense changing from the Carina E to Avensis, because the last 3 generations of Carinas were really Coronas (the Carina's duller sister car in Japan) and the Avensis was a significantly separate car from both Carina and Corona, designed specifically for Europe. But with the new Corolla we're probably just going to get pretty much what they're getting in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Why are they changing the name of one of the best known cars in the world?

I thought it was only the hatch was getting the name change, and that the Corolla name would remain for the more "mature" saloons and estates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

As far as i know, which is what toyota irl is saying is

The corolla hatch will be called something different, but the saloon will stay the same, personaly i cant see that being the new corolla it doesnt look european enough for toyota new design ideas as far as i know the corolla was going to be designed as a car for europe not japan.

They will be in dealers around march/april not january.

Im off to the paris motor show at the end of the month, where the european launch is, so ill have loads of nice pics for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I read some time ago that Toyota revised the design of the forthcoming Corolla in response to the new Civic. They were rumoured to be going for a more adventurous design than originally planned.

The designs here are really bland though. Hatchback especially disappointing...

I like the interior

3-carolla-leak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't like this high-mounted gearstick arrangement I'm seeing in a lot of newer cars.

Stephen wrote:
    I don't like this high-mounted gearstick arrangement I'm seeing in a lot of newer cars.
    Probably a safety thing...getting you to put your hand back on the wheel every time you change

Advertisement