Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Santry Area unmarked car

Options
  • 17-09-2006 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

I got 2 points from a blue Subaru Forester on the Mobhi Road in Glasnevin for being on the mobile. It was the very day the points kicked in!
    I was lucky they got me for this though when they did, as my plan was actually to burn up the bus lane and cut in front of the lane they were in- had the lights not gone red. I stopped imeediately adjacent them, both our windows down and they able to here both ends of my conversation Im sure we were so close!!
    I had the car kit booked for install which is the unfortunate bit...it was installed 5 days too late to save me.

Kids, dont do bad things its not safe or cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

That blue Forrester from the Hotel Alpha district certainly gets around. It also regularly patrols the M1. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Burning up the bus lane is not legal either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it patrols the whole of the north district thats why its on the m1. its a traffic core car not regular garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Noticed they have a few of the older shape foresters floating about. Spotted a maroon coloured one in Julianstown a few weeks back. Cashing in on the speeders. Just a note, always keep it a 50km driving through it... awful place for traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

it patrols the whole of the north district thats why its on the m1. its a traffic core car not regular garda
    corps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

corps ;)

I know, i didnt even mean to put the 'e' in, was just gonna pur cor. it was clear what i ment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Nationwide there are about 20 Forrester 2.0 Turbo's in Blue, Red and White. All Early 06 dublin reg plates (4 digits after the D). Think the white's may be marked cars, but the others are all unmarked.

Saw all of them at Autoconversions early this year. Only seen the Maroon one around Drogheda - never come across the Blue one on the M50.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There's a red/purple one on the Nenagh bypass frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Pataman wrote:
    Burning up the bus lane is not legal either.

Yes as I appreciated by noting that I was lucky to only get done for the phone offence...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

You got what you deserve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

I was lucky they got me for this though when they did, as my plan was actually to burn up the bus lane and cut in front of the lane they were in- had the lights not gone red. I stopped imeediately adjacent them, both our windows down and they able to here both ends of my conversation Im sure we were so close!!

Dont you realise how stupid you have made your self look by posting this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭sk8board

Saw the Blue Subaru Forester ticketing a guy on the M1 northbound between Swords and Donabate exits yesterday afternoon

You got what you deserve!

I know !

Im not one of those pratts who go about trying to find a legal technicality to avoid a penalty for a crime they did.

Dont you realise how stupid you have made your self look by posting this.:D[/QUOTE]

Behave stupidly your likely to get caught every so often...take your medecine.
    As I said in my first post :

Dont do bad things its not safe or cool.

This thread was meant to be about the unmarked car and it has been hijacked by people telling me what I full well know and have admitted.

I still see people all over the place on the phones its only a matter of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

This thread was meant to be about the unmarked car
    Why would you want to alert other drivers about an unmarked car?

Dont you realise how stupid you have made your self look by posting this.:D

Behave stupidly your likely to get caught every so often...take your medecine.
    As I said in my first post :

Dont do bad things its not safe or cool.

This thread was meant to be about the unmarked car and it has been hijacked by people telling me what I full well know and have admitted.
    [/QUOTE]

I think you will find very few people on motors who have time for the guys who chance going down the bus lane. All I meant in my post was that you wont win any friends by saying your one of them infact you will just look a bit silly.

Sorry for going off topic though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

RainyDay wrote:
    Why would you want to alert other drivers about an unmarked car?
    many of the times that I have seen unmarked cars, they tend to be driven dangerously for the prevailing conditions. Warning drivers of a dangerous driver is one reason!

kbannon wrote:
    many of the times that I have seen unmarked cars, they tend to be driven dangerously for the prevailing conditions. Warning drivers of a dangerous driver is one reason!

I agree, lets know about all the unmarked cars, although Kbannon thats not a great reason thats Garda bashing.

Thats just a great big general sweeping statement.

Yep some guards drive dangerously a very very small few most use flashing lights and loud noise when they do, just to warn you ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its not a sweeping statement. It is my view of the driving that I have seen. Im not stating that all gardai drive like this. Please read it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

kbannon wrote:
    I don't believe for a moment that the OP's motivation had anything to do with the potential for the unmarked car to be 'driven dangerously'. I would make a rough guess that 999 out of 1,000 readers of this thread would agree with me.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:

My Bad..
    Maybe you have just been unlucky, Maybe once or twice I have seen a garda car driving dangerously.
    To have seen it many times seem like a lot I'm not saying you lying but it sound to me like your just putting the boot in.

Advertisement