Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im in a lot of trouble

• 17-09-2006 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi just looking for some friendly advice from anyone that may be able to help me.
    I'll start with a bit of the back round to my problem.
    I started using drugs at the age of 16 going out to partys and taking pills at the start and always drinking very heavily, when out with my friends.This has been happening on and off for the past 5 years. But in the last year I have started to go over board with the drunk and coke. To cut a long story short Im in a lot of debt to a drug dealer, who is very happy to keep selling me the stuff. I've now come to realise that im hopelessly addicted to drunk and drugs. Coke being my drug of choice, and it needs to stop before I hurt myself or lose anymore of my friends. I've lost two best mates in the last month due to my problem. I have'nt a clue what to do about this I dont have anyone to turn too. My only other best mate is as bad as me, so he's useless as well. And there is no way I could tell my mother about this because she has already been threw enough with two of my older siblings Im not looking for a shoulder to cry on or anything just some advice on where to go next. I really am sick to death of the path in life I've choosen and the funny thing is I've know for ages deep down in side that there was a big problem but made excuses to myself all the time about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I suggest you try NA and AA. They have a solution to the drink and drug problem. Once you deal with that, you can then take care of all your other problems with a head that is not messed up by chemicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go to your dr and ask what drug programs there are in your area that can help.
    You need to get clean, going into a residental program may also help with your dealer issues as he will know you are off the street.
    It will also let your family know that you are serious and looking for help and not relying on them to get it sorted.
    IF you really want to change your habits and do and get more out of your life you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I feel so sorry for you.
    I've seen how easy it is to get into the kinda trouble you're in.
    Find someone to talk to as the previos posts have suggested.
    Maybe try your older siblings as it seems from your post that they might be able to understand how trapped you're feeling right now.

Tell your remaining best friend how you're feeling and explain that you want to change & get yourself out of this mess, you never know, he might be feeling the same & it could be useful to you to have someone to take the 1st few steps with.

If you're serious about paying your dealer off & I maen really serious, maybe in a month or two when you're sure you won't spend the money on more drugs, maybe consider taking out a loan. It'll be easier on your stress levels to own a bank, buildig society or credit union than a dodgy dealer who'll do god kows what in order to get his money back.

Best of luck with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sort out your addiction and fast, it won't be easy. I would go to your folks, at the end of the day they are your family and they will help you out. Let them know you need them and you are going to try and beat it. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

First of all well done for realising that you have a problem and are determined to fix it, that takes a lot of courage to do.

This is a list of Local Drugs Task Forces, there should be one near enough to you that can help you.
    http://www.drugsinfo.ie/advice_ldtf.htm

Here is a list of advice helplines if you want to get help anonymously.
    http://www.drugsinfo.ie/advice_helplines.htm

Best of luck with fighting your addiction and remember that there are tons of committed, helpful people working in organisations that would be happy to offer help and support to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I know you need help with your addiction but I think you should you sort out your debts to the drug dealer and cut off all ties to him. I've heard of a couple of people that got into a lot of debt and deeply into drugs and committed suicide because they couldn't face the situation or see how to get out of the depression (that comes from doing some drugs). It's good that you've posted here and see an end to your problems. First I would sort out a loan to pay the dealer or a loan with some help from one of your siblings or parents.
    Then make a commitment to change and join the associations the other posters said. Change your group of friends and your habits. Don't think that the loan can't be paid off or the situation changed because no matter how bad you can turn this around. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Aaron 21

Im very greatful for the supportive comments. Tis mad how easy it is to get in trouble with that ****ing drug. Every person I know would rate me as someone who has their head totally screwed on but look at me now. i was sat in my house this morning and it all just came to a head that spending 1.000 euro on drugs a week is not normal. money was'nt really a big issue at the start, which is half the problem knowing that i could efford to spend the cash but now im totally broke. I've known for ages if im being honest with myself that i have a problem but when I sober up i make excuses to myself about my problem. But I have made my mind up and have informed the right person this time. Im having a meeting tomorrow with this person to get some advice. I really wanna change my ways before it gets to messy. When i think about it, i know way to many people in the same boat as me. One bit of advice for anyone thats reading this, Cocaine is not a recreational drug for partys and sessions it wrecks lifes and my story is evidence of that and I only realised this today abit to late maybe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey been through that gig too with drink and drugs - def. get in touch with aa/na (01-6795697 / 01-4538998 after hours) there is great support there. admitting your not honest with yourself is a big step and will help you lots

take care

Advertisement