Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freshers week-what to expect?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

And we only actually made it to 100 because 2 committee members that hadnt joined were forced to so we could make it to an even 100. I was the girl that gave you your card and all the crap we give out by the way. My anonymity and stalkerness is fading....

OT: Karaoke in the student bar on thursday could be dangerous....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Smaller societies are great for getting to know people. And don't feel like you have to join everything. Likewise, don't look down on smaller societies because their volume of "free stuff" isn't as impressive as the larger societies. And please, don't nick the "free stuff" of the smaller societies. Most of them have put a bit of effort into getting/making them and are trying to make things as good for their members as they can.

I've been on committee of the same society for the past three years, this is my fourth. We always welcome new members, regardless of the time of year. But there could be problems if people start to join just before the AGM to vote their friends in, so keep that in mind. Besides, the sooner you join, the sooner you get the members benefits. Usually, you have to be a member to go on trips etc. with the society, and they're the best bonding times - that's when you really get to know people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its the same ****e every year for freshers week, someone needs to kick things up a notch with some serious practical jokes, fresher hazing and toga parties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

ferdi wrote:
    its the same ****e every year for freshers week, someone needs to kick things up a notch with some serious practical jokes, fresher hazing and toga parties!

You obviously didn't see Zak Powers the hypotist yesterday.It was amazing.A guy even thought he was having a baby.Kept telling Zak to get away from him and the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i brought a firstie around the tent and after 5 minutes and an awkward "what will we do now" i just said, yeah ...eh no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

beanyb wrote:
    Smaller societies are definitely the way to go. Getting involved in World Aid was one of the best things I've ever done. I've made some really great friends from it. They appreciate their members - we got 100 today and we were so proud! If you have any interest in getting involved in anything I'd definitely recommend it!

However I am also a believer in joining some societies for the free stuff!
    I was number 54..........................I think that ive lost the yellow card that was issued.O and by the way,the fairtrade tea was so good;)

Advertisement