Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Wrote This Song

Options
  • 17-09-2006 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering who wrote the song;

I love you baby and if its quite alright i love you baby:rolleyes:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and written by Frankie Valli, although it's been covered many many times.... including probably you last night while drunk with your mates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Yes got in one. I remember walking down the road and we started singing it. Then there was a argument of who wrote the song:D

thanks for the reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

whiskeyman wrote:
    It's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and written by Frankie Valli, although it's been covered many many times.... including probably you last night while drunk with your mates :D

A Pedant writes...

It was actually *written* by Gaudio/Crewe, and performed by Franki Valli and The Four Seasons. The more famous version, i'd think, is the one done by Andy Williams. The Pet Shop Boys incorporated it into their version of 'where the streets have no names' back in and, for my money, the best version of it about is that done by The Manic Street Preachers...available on Lipstick Traces...their b-sides compilation

</pedantry?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Of the actual songwriters, Bob Gaudio was of course a quarter of the Four Seasons, Bob Crewe was the producer. And the Manics' version could well be the best, though when I'm singing in the shower it's the Andy Williams version I'm doing a bad rendition of.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The manics never had a good version of any song, let alone a cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

The version as done in the Deer Hunter does it for me.

Advertisement