Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does he like me?

• 17-09-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Short version: have met up with a guy twice now but hes made no move to kiss me or even hold hands. Does it mean hes not interested? I mean hes the one saying we should meet up but.... I really like him but dont know where i stand!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

He could be shy?

Or he could be thinking "I've asked her out twice now and she hasn't made a move yet. why does she never ask moe out?

Next time you're out together kiss him, then you'll know.

Fortune favours the brave and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

you'll probably have to give the long version because the short one doesn't give away much information. some guys are desparetly shy. iv gone out with them and sometimes they just need a push/ the girl to make a move..i normally just give them a hug at the end of the night and make eye contact..either way if they like you they'll respond to you. lots of smiling and laughter can also relax the both of you and make it easier for either of you to make a move. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Mojito wrote:
    He could be shy?

Next time you're out together kiss him, then you'll know.

I agree with that. Lads dont always make first move. And if he didnt like you he wouldnt be meeting you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You make the move the next time that you two meet up, then you'll know but don't startle him. :) Have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

you sound like your booth affraid to make a move on each other ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not ask him ?
    Why not just kiss him and see what happens ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

been there (as the guy) done that, now where's my t-shirt?

i don't think he'd be going to the trouble of meeting you again if he wasn't interested to some degree. (it's possible, though unlikely, that he just does want you as a friend - the nice warm fuzzy platonic friend zone is usually not where guys want to be).

if you don't want to just kiss him like Thaedydal says, try the never-ending hug. He'll either pull away afterwards or he'll take it further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Maybe he is trying to treat U with respekt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Red Alert wrote:
    been there (as the guy) done that, now where's my t-shirt?

i don't think he'd be going to the trouble of meeting you again if he wasn't interested to some degree. (it's possible, though unlikely, that he just does want you as a friend - the nice warm fuzzy platonic friend zone is usually not where guys want to be).

if you don't want to just kiss him like Thaedydal says, try the never-ending hug. He'll either pull away afterwards or he'll take it further.

The never ending hug interesting, how is it supposed to work exactly, He eventually tries to pull away, and you catch his eye? and hope he moves in?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

basically the guy or girl gives the other a hug but keeps their arms around them at the end. already inside each others personal space the might talk or kiss, but it gives either party the chance to pull away.

it works - my ex- used it to force the issue with me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In a slightly similar situation myself. :rolleyes:

Has he always been the one to arrange the dates with you. ie has he asked you out for lunch, coffee dinner, or drinks. If so maybe you can arrange the dates next time. Show him you are keen to see him again.

Then make some sort of move on him, sit close to him, lean towards him when talking. Laugh at his jokes, a flirty word or two might help. Say you like his shirt or top etc.

He may be unsure, as girls sometimes send a lot of mixed messages. So he might be holding back. How did the dates / meetings go?

How about linking arms with him next time you are walking beside him?

There is no embarssment in letting someone know that you like them, and he would not of met up with you twice already if he was not interested too..

Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I'm loving this hug idea, I have to say. Nothing like a big pair of beautiful eyes to make you forget your worries :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hmmm... this hug thing is very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes he likes you, thats why he has asked you out. However, we don't know how much.

Try to give him positive signals, in conversation or when going to the bar / toilet, touch his arm or shoulder. Walking home grab his hand or hoop arms.

That or tell him you're not wearing knickers. :D

Advertisement