Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game thinks i don't have direct 9????

• 17-09-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So for some reason the game doesn't think that i have a directx version high enough to play the game. When i click on the shortcut it pops up a message saying "GTA:SA requires at least directx v9.0".I have v9.0c. I got this message straight after i replaced the cellphone .dff and .txd files in the gta3.img file using the IMG tool. So when i saw it wasn't working i replaced it with my backed up file, but still it gave me the error. I did a system restore too but that didn't seem to help either. I reckon it will work if i uninstall and reinstall but i'm trying to avoid that cuz i have modded it a bit. I have 67 car mods and a couple of other mods so i really don't want to have to reinstall all of them if i can help it, so if anyone knows what the problem is or how to fix it i would really appreciate it, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you tried reinstalling directx 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Just tried resintalling there. Saw on the website that u can uninstall directx so it just installed a couple of files i think. Still thinks i don't have directx installed. Really lame.

Well i gave in and wanted to play enough that i installed GTA:SA and reintalled only to find out that i'm still getting the same problem. The game thinking that i don't have directx 9. I really don't know what the problem is now like?

So nobody knows?

So after a reformating(not just for this prob. needed to be done anyway), i put GTA:SA back on and all my mods and i got the same problem. I almost started freaking out for a sec and then remembered the last mod i put in, GTA: San Andreas Speedometer Mod, this is what was causing the problem. It has this d3d9.dll file fix i think is the culprit cuz it directx file. As soon as i removed it the game worked fine again. Its a pity cuz it seemed like a good quality mod.

Only prob now is the sound bug that left so mysteriously has now come back. I heard that the 1.01 or 2.0 patch fixes this prob? can anybody confirm this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had a problem with sound and the 1.01 patch made no difference to it. Updating my sound drivers to the latest version did fix it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

suppafly wrote:
    So after a reformating(not just for this prob. needed to be done anyway), i put GTA:SA back on and all my mods and i got the same problem. I almost started freaking out for a sec and then remembered the last mod i put in, GTA: San Andreas Speedometer Mod, this is what was causing the problem. It has this d3d9.dll file fix i think is the culprit cuz it directx file. As soon as i removed it the game worked fine again. Its a pity cuz it seemed like a good quality mod.

Only prob now is the sound bug that left so mysteriously has now come back. I heard that the 1.01 or 2.0 patch fixes this prob? can anybody confirm this?

I've used that one fine. There is a version of this mod that is an exe and doesnt require the directx hook. You just run the program before playing. Look for the EXE version or ask Smithers on the #sa-mp IRC channel on irc.gtanet.org (as hes the one who coded it)

Updating the drivers seemed to work for fixing the sound problem. Have tried just using the .exe for the speedometer mod. I'll have to try that and see.

EDIT: just tried only putting the .exe file into the GTA:SA root directory but it doesn't show up in the game at all. Anyone know why this might be? I did chose which part of the screen to put it in and clicked save exited like the readme says?

Advertisement