Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulham Match

Options
  • 17-09-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

flight was delayed from dublin this morning so wont be there. have to watch in on art sport instead.

tis a must win. i expect keane to start and maybe davids to replace the hudd. apart from that they should leave it as it was on thursday.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Poor again. While the defence looks solid we're just not doing enough going forward. That said Mido was unlucky with the post as was Chimbonda's header which was cleared off the line but that's a blank in 4 of our opening 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

We need a goddamn creative midfielder and a left winger so bad it hurts. Same problem as before no-one able to link up the play in the final third. Hopefully with Malbranque and lennon fit things will get better but atm its depressing to be a spurs fan. We just have to hope Arsenal lose today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is that our season already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Kold wrote:
    Is that our season already?

How many times have we seen teams surpise people by doing really well in the league only to fail to capitalise on it the following season? A couple of years ago it was everton. Before that I remember ipswich did really well. Was last season our year? I dont think we deserve to be one season wonders with the team we have but being a spurs fan Im well used to my team underachieving? I pray to god Im wrong, I really do. But I already get a horrible feeling.

When malbranque and lennon are back fit I think well be much stronger but if we're talking about champions league or even uefa cup how much will this bad start hurt at the end of the year? and then just to cheer us up we have liverpool away up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

tought we were unlucky not to get something more out ot the Fulham game.As long as we dont start accepting a mid table finish in exchange of "a good cup run" i reckon there is still time to turn it around . Next two matches are important ones id like to see us get some sort of result from an underperforming liverpool and needless to say we should dispact with slavia at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

sikes wrote:
    flight was delayed from dublin this morning so wont be there. have to watch in on art sport instead.

Sorry to hear that mate, I was doing the opposite journey and we were delayed for 2hrs because some arse never turned up for the flight so they had to offload the bags and then they got a slot restriction cos they missed the original time...:mad:

Hope my flight in wasn't yours out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Was over at the game yest. Poor result and poor performance, and day made worse by watching Arsenal get a winner at OT.
    Made a bit better by getting a trap 6 winner in William Hill beside d ground and picking up a quality old skool trackie top in d club shop.
    Be positive people, we are having our bad run now, lets hope it turns around soon...remember there's no prizes givin out in September !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Have to say that i didn't see the game (was in Dublin for the All-Ireland)..but from what i have read..we seemed to lack a bit of imagination and creativity ....I'm sure in the long run we will see this as a temporary blip :confused: But we do need to start picking up points and having a more stable team...having players in and out of the team does no-one any good.

At least one plus point is the defence again was solid... so lets build from there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cuchulainn33

Been saying it on COYS all day -

He is squeezing the players into a system that they can't play.

He wants attacking wingers and doubling full backs.

We don't have the attacking wingers - Lennon and Malbranque injured.

In my opinion he should look at what he has left and play a system that best uses them -

Robinson
    Chim Daws King BAE
    Ghaly Zokora Tainio
    Keano
    Mido
    Berbatov

And only play Defoe as a last resort the guy is a waste.

With Lennon and Malbranque back - revert to ball to CM then out to wings then down the and cross for Berb, Mido or Keane with Tainio or Jenas or Ghaly arriving into the box for follow ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Defoe should've been on on Sunday, Keano wasn't doing ****. I hope we can hang on to him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Tbh, it looked like a lot of last years performances, the difference was the goal to shut the game out. Dominant, huge number of successful passes, poor cross rate/completion, and not enough shots on target.

This really is how we should be in the first 3 games of the season, not at home, when a win is needed. Looking over the results we churned out last season this time, I'd expect better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

not a good start to season for spurs, need to get something done asap or it will be another poor season.
    What about George Graham again??

S

Advertisement