Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another deferring thread.

Options
  • 17-09-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Heya,
    I finished 1st year of a course in Kevin st last year and I want to defer for a year-going back to 2nd year in 2007. So I was just wondering does anyone know what the valid reasons they'll accept for deferring are? And how hard it is to do?
    Id be really grateful for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you have to give a reason? i'm seriously entertaining the idea of working for a year to 1) avoid stuff and 2) not do full time education for the first time since age 3 or whatever. i'm burned out at this stage...

sure people go off on world-wide trips for a year and that seems valid. i somehow doubt you have to develop a life-threatening illness to defer the year, at least it's a guarintee'd "customer" next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Its not the reason FOR deferring they care about, its assurance that you will definitely come back if they grant the deferral they care about most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Well I got the form from them and there is a space given for your reason to defer will I just squash in the fact that I am going to come back into that space as well....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

yep! if its B o'S you're dealing with that's the thing that bothers him most about granting it..

Advertisement