Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen food insurance

Options
  • 17-09-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for any info anyone might have on what risks are covered under the frozen food section of insurance policies. has anyone ever claimed over this?
    This weekend we were 'lucky' enough to be without power (all 20 houses in the estate) from yesterday around 12noon until 1pm today and all of the food in the freezer now has to be destroyed. We were looking at our insurance policy and saw that we are covered for up to €650 worth of frozen food.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situtaion and has had a claim for this? Would a power cut normally be reason enough to allow a claim? how much should we claim against ? Is it a matter of going through and trying to work out how much the stuff in the freezer was worth or how do the insurance company confirm this?

I have rang the insurance company (Hibernian) but they only take messages on a Sunday and are to ring me back tomorrow afternoon. Just curious in the meantime to see if anyone has had this problem before. Cheers!

Advertisement