Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental Charge when renting

Options
  • 17-09-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me out here. I moved into an apartment last year, and was told I had to pay this "environmental charge". I was told that it's €211. I paid that. Now, I have extended my lease for another few months, and the management company is trying to get me to pay another €211, until the end of 2007?! So I have already paid til the end of 2006, and now they want me to pay NOW a further €211, so I'll be paying double for Sept - Dec, and I'll be paying for an environmental charge when I'm not even living in this apartment.

Does anybody know what the story with these environmental charges is? Is it per lease, or is it an annual thing, that you pay anyway. Should I have to pay it again or what is the story?

I really am baffled, and dunno what to do, so I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement