Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Impreza WRX - Estate

Options
  • 17-09-2006 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for opinions on this car - good, bad and indifferent.

If people have had one, what, if anything has gone wrong with them?

Is there anything specific I should be looking out for when purchasing one?

I'm looking at the 94-96 model.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anyone???????:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nice cars, tough enough to insure these days tho' even the high excess crowds are weighting them.

Consider a legacy estate of the same age? Bigger, same engine as the wrx and a little less common. They are also very easy to insure at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I had a 95 Silver WRX wagon. Never going to win any beauty contests but still about the quickest thing I've ever driven.

No reliability issues although my mileage was fairly low at that time. A/C didn't work properly on mine and I never bothered to get that sorted.

Seats were very comfy and when i needed to use it as an estate there is actually quite a bit of room.

Fuel & Insurance costs were ridiculous though. Even the non-turbo versions are known to be very heavy on juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I have a standard impreza 1.6 - gas guzzler. I was going to upgrade but the wrx is even less fuel efficient. It's making me think twice - I do 50m per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have a 02 Subaru impreza WRX. They are heavy on juice compared to most cars, but not when you consider the performance the engine gives. The older model is still nice to drive and they are very reliable. The wagon is spacious and the old model doesn't look too bad as estates go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

As a matter of interest, what sort of mpg are we talking about here? That estate is one that I've had at the back of mine for a while as well.

Advertisement