Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus overclocking tool

Options
  • 17-09-2006 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get the asus overclocking tool for an a8n sli premium board? Can't find it on there support site

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

logic wrote:
    Anyone know where i can get the asus overclocking tool for an a8n sli premium board? Can't find it on there support site

its no good! can you move around your bios? thats the best place to overclock!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Cheers for the reply, It was for a friend who wouldn't know his way around the bios too well. Found AIbooster which seemed to do the trick. I hear ntune does the same thing though but its working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

logic wrote:
    Cheers for the reply, It was for a friend who wouldn't know his way around the bios too well. Found AIbooster which seemed to do the trick. I hear ntune does the same thing though but its working now.

but give hima lesson mate! its not to hard and AI boster is not very reliable! imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

im having trouble oc'in my e6600 in an asus p5b deluxe in the bios it says 9 multiplier and 266 fsb but in cpu-z and other tools it says its 6X266 at 1.2 V which is 1.6ghz, its annoying me, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Disable c1e in the bios and turn off EIST (Enhansed Intel Speedstep Technology) by turning your power options in control panel to always on. Wrecked my head 2 until i read up on it. As it is, when you run orthos speedstep ups the multi to 9x. Its Intels way of conserving power when you dont need it.

More info here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114824

• Advertisement

super, that worked and i can start o'c'in what do you think of this and am i doin anything wrong?

core.bmp.jpg

its a wrong volt, the voltage is 1.475

Don't heed the voltages given by software in windows. Cpu-z is buggy & shows the wrong voltages over 1.4V. They'll prob fix it in a later updated version. Read your voltages from the bios.

What week conroe have you? I'm stable @ 360fsb at the same voltage (1.47V), newer week conroes are supposed to need less voltage. :eek:

Whats your temps like?

shot1xi8.th.jpg

Its time to update your sig now m8 :p

where might i find a temp monitoring program such as yours? also a stress testing program for dual core?

EDIT whats the highest volt i should use, i wanna push this bad boy :D its pc6400 ram too

arctic cooling freezer pro 7 hsf

That smart guardian comes with my mobo. The other is core temp. here: http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137

Dual prime: http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

I woulddn't go over 1.55V if i were you. Check out this thread for voltages: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106321&highlight=official+conroe+overclocking

Get to 360fsb & we'll compare 1m pi times :p

@ 9 X 350 and failing that test after 7 seconds im at 1.525 degrees and i upped the north and south brigdes a little any ideas?

• Advertisement

Psycopat wrote:
    @ 9 X 350 and failing that test after 7 seconds im at 1.525 degrees and i upped the north and south brigdes a little any ideas?

Put your ram on a divider, just to take it out of the equasion. Fails mean more volts when ya know its not your ram holding you back.

Be careful of temps.

this failed after 10 seconds :confused:

core2.bmp.jpg

Something's wrong then so. What mobo again (been postin so much its hard to remember who gettin what)?

There are a few threads on xs forums that give guides to oc'in with various boards. They go thru bios settings & tell you what you should do for best clocks. There are also threads for fixes.
    Here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115765

ok lowered the ratio to 1:1 and it seems stable at 2.9 for 40 mins at least i leave it all night, temps seem to be maxing at 61 degrees, what is the norm? nice but im sure theres more in her :) screenie

core22.bmp.jpg

1.525 i havent tried lower as of yet

Edited above post while you were typing.
    Disable hyperpath, put voltages back at stock & try again. There shouldn't be any need for that much voltage. I'm stable a@360 with loads less volts.

Here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115217

upped fsb to 340 and 1.5 vcore seemed slightly unstable, lowered fsb to 330 (3ghz) and it seems to be maxing at 60 degrees under full load, ill lower to 4.75 and leave overnight

Read all the guides i posted above before ya go any further. Your chip appears to need a lot of voltage.

Psycopat wrote:
    ill lower to 4.75 and leave overnight

silly me i meant 1.47 i dunno what i was at :p an hour running dual core prime at 230 X 9 at 1.47 max temp i saw was 59 so it doesnt seem too bad ill up it to 235 and leave over night. how long is nescesary to show stability on dual core?

• Advertisement

Psycopat wrote:
    silly me i meant 1.47 i dunno what i was at :p an hour running dual core prime at 230 X 9 at 1.47 max temp i saw was 59 so it doesnt seem too bad ill up it to 235 and leave over night. how long is nescesary to show stability on dual core?

I'm sure ya mean 330 & 335 in above post. 8-12hrs of orthos is stable. I've got fails after 6 hrs before & had to up voltage & start again. Your temps will rise when ya leave it for a few hrs. Mine hits 68' on max load (i dunno what temp prog to believe as my cooler is barely warm at 68', i should be burnin my fingers) & i've seen peeps higher on xs. Some were hittin 75' & still stable.

wow i was tired gettin numbers mixed up and stuff :p im busy this weekend but sunday evenin ill try again, i guesse ill have to settle for 3GHZ atm :)

grrr.JPG

there are the commands which appear to be hindering my oc im now 8 hours dual core prime stable at 3.2 ghz :) im pumping 1.5 volts through it, only so i know voltage isnt my problem, ill probly get it lower, my temps seem good though, after 8 hours load the highest temp i got was 65 C, ya gotta love the arctic cooling freezer pro 7 :)

H0ly crap this chip is fast :eek: an hour stable at 3.4 ;) dunno if i wanna put more volts through it though it is startin to touch 69 C on 1.53 volts

Nice1 m8 ;)

Advertisement