Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1 Games

• 17-09-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some decent ones? Usually when I go to Game or whatever shop, in the trade in section they either have no ps one games or football ones (which I've no interest in). I am interested in fighting games, and puzzles, and final fantasy.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ebay should have a good few of em you might have to pay a bit for the better ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

there's a 2nd hand shop in talbot st. (dublin) I've seen quite a few games for ps1 there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nothing wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on some decent ones? Usually when I go to Game or whatever shop, in the trade in section they either have no ps one games or football ones (which I've no interest in). I am interested in fighting games, and puzzles, and final fantasy.

Thank you.

Go to tuthills in the mill centre in Clondalkin, they have tonnes of PS1 games for about 4 or 5 euro each!!! Brand new aswell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are PS1 games 100% compatible with the PS2?

I'd love to pick up stuff like Castlevania SOTN and Klonoa Door to Phantomile, but I'd hate to buy games that wouldn't work on my PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭last_orders

from memory one of the major selling points for the ps2 when it was bein sold was that 100% of ps1 games were compatable so unless sony are lying you should be ok to use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They should be compatible, but what cable are you using to connect to your TV? I don't think PS1 games work over the component cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

Does that Tuthill's have any other good stuff? Anything retro maybe?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Hi guys. I have a load of original PS games at home. I definitely have Final Fantasy (vii, I think), Tekken2 and lots more. Will do a check on titles and condition over the next few days.

Keep an eye on adverts.ie ;) Will probably just sell the lot in one go for cheap with a pile of demo discs off magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

koneko wrote:
    They should be compatible, but what cable are you using to connect to your TV? I don't think PS1 games work over the component cable.

I have Suikoden (a PS1 game) playing on my PS2 connected to my tv via component (YPbPr) as I type this! :)

Yes, over 99% of PS1 games work perfectly on PS2. If I recall correctly, there are a handful that had some sort of trouble, but none that I've ever come across.

Remember you need to buy a PS1 memory card for PS1 games!!! Again, there are no compatibility issues with using PS1 memory cards in a PS2. Except of course that they only work for PS1 games :)

If audio or cut scene video goes weird and fast, go into your PS2 setup and disable, uh.. I think it's called "speed up disc access" or something. It's an option which only affects PS1 games and is supposed to improve loading times, but can cause problems on some games. There's another option for video smoothing in PS1 games that you can disable, as well, just in case.

Advertisement