Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone ever have their car stolen

Options
  • 17-09-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

My brothers car was stolen last night. It was found and is now in a recovery garage. He has been told by the garage guy there is very little damage done. But he can't have it back until the cops dust it for prints. Is that normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds normal alright, since it's crime scene evidence:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Yeah its normal, any car that is recovered is usualy towed for a technical examination to see if they can get prints and such. Its usualy a company they use all the time for example Gannons city recovery in donnabate.

The prints need to be on the inside of the car however as ones on the outside could be anyone walking past a parked car on the street and touching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

sorry, I should have posted more. but was serving the dinner up. At 10am that was said. Now after loads of calls. It looks like he won't get his car back today. Would Insurance now cover car rental, because of that. Cops seem to be dragging the heals in dusting it.

Edit: probably nobody doing it at weekends then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What was the full detail mate? Interesting to know what type of car, how they got into it, started it, where it was taken from / found etc..

93 lancer, ould banger of a yoke. Don't know how they got in or how they started it. It was stolen outside is house in Drogheda last night. It was found in another estate in Drogheda. The guy's who stole it left two bicycles outside his house. I guess it was an exchange not a robbery.:)

• Advertisement

ive seen a VW Twarag (mis-spelt) and a new shape mondeo that were taken WITHOUT the keys so no car is safe if they realy want it.

easyst way to do it is just bend the door back and your in.
    the Scenes of Crime dont work weekends usualy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

bubonicus wrote:
    93 lancer, ould banger of a yoke. Don't know how they got in or how they started it. It was stolen outside is house in Drogheda last night. It was found in another estate in Drogheda. The guy's who stole it left two bicycles outside his house. I guess it was an exchange not a robbery.:)
    Kids acting the bollix :mad:

wouldnt be suprised if they wer only about 12 or 13

wouldnt be suprised if they wer only about 12 or 13

the Scenes of Crime dont work weekends usualy

True.

Bloody insurance company can't be contacted until tomorrow either. it's a pity the lads robbing cars don't do it during the working week:rolleyes:

Trust me, they do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

bubonicus wrote:

Sounds like a fair swap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Were the bikes nice? :)

Advertisement