Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy a 4yr old child

• 17-09-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

I bought a set of blue headlamp bulbs a few weeks back as I find the white ones are only okay for visibility and having travelled in newer more expensive cars, blue seems to give a clearer view ahead.

Anyhow - I got the headlamp bulb casing open only to find it's hinged and I can't get the old bulb out on the passenger side.

On the driver's side there's so much clutter under the bonnet I can't even get the casing open!!!!

Why do manufacturers make it so difficult to get at the headlights????????? U'd need a small child to get at them

Any tips - its a Corsa B 97-00

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you planning on using blue lights or are these similar to Xenon? Blue colouyred lights are illegal as only the emergency services can use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

was just going to say the same thing. be careful what you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have a 4 year old girl red hair quite evil, possible anti christ, offers?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kbannon wrote:
    Are you planning on using blue lights or are these similar to Xenon? Blue colouyred lights are illegal as only the emergency services can use them

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer on that one alright

They'r standard H4 55w bulbs that give the xenon type shine, like the later Omegas AFAIK. Don't actually know until I put them in. I suppose they're clear as opposed to white

But no, they're deffo not the emergency services style blue. Had to buy one of them for the ambulance 3 years ago and it was 40 yoyos, just for the little box on the front wing
    kdjaCL wrote:
    I have a 4 year old girl red hair quite evil, possible anti christ, offers?

I may have to consider making an offer. Even 10 minute hire would do just to install the damn bulbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,270 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All manufacturers are this these days. They don't want you doing any diy on the car. They want you to go to your local dealer and pay to have this kind of thing done.

Cars are generally more reliable these days so they have to try and make money some other way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

get a friendly local mech to do it. i got bulbs put in my car and he charged €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Fair enough. I could probable do it by removing the front cluster, but that would probably screw up the alignment????

Advertisement