Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion - Daedra Hearts (Possible Main Quest Spoilers)

• 17-09-2006 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

i just got kicked out of the mages guild and need 20 daedra hearts and 20 vampire dusts to get back in, but i've finished the main quest and there aren't any oblivion gates left (also i'm not too sure where to look for vampire dusts).
    anyone know where to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I think the dark fissure cave will have deadra hearts in it. Its located south of Cheydinhal and just to the east of the river below it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Oblivion gates generate at random. You can't close them all down. Just take a wander around the countryside and you'll encounter them.

::Edit::

Just reread your post and saw the part about completing the main quest. Woops, My bad! I assume this means that you would have done all the vampire quests in the mean time. I'm not sure if it would work, but if you go to the arch madges room there is an enchanted chest that certain objects will multiply when placed in for a time (a few days at least). Although I'd be sceptical about it working, It may be worth sneeking in and giving it a go. Failing that, It may be worth while checking some of the caves that vampires were in (google it) and check if the bodies are still lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I am in the exact same boat, I have one deadra heart i robbed from someone so i will try Fanny's advice about the replecating chest and try and get more of them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

You can of course buy them from the various merchants.

If you don't have enough gold, I suggest doing what I do when I need gold, just roam around the roads killing the bandits that challenge you.
    Then take their armour/weapons and sell them. Great way of making easy gold. :D

Also don't forget to use repair hammers to mend the armour and weapons and this will help level you up your armour level as well. ;)

cerbeus wrote:
    You can of course buy them from the various merchants.

If you don't have enough gold, I suggest doing what I do when I need gold, just roam around the roads killing the bandits that challenge you.
    Then take their armour/weapons and sell them. Great way of making easy gold. :D

Also don't forget to use repair hammers to mend the armour and weapons and this will help level you up your armour level as well. ;)

do you know any merchants that sell them as I have seen very few who sell vampire dust and the likes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

interesting update... i went to raminus polus with 20 vampire dusts but no daedra hearts, and it he let me back in anyway!!! :confused: might be a bug but if it is, i'm never gettin it patched. :D

interesting update... i went to raminus polus with 20 vampire dusts but no daedra hearts, and it he let me back in anyway!!! :confused: might be a bug but if it is, i'm never gettin it patched. :D

where did you get the vampire dust, cos i could do with some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

try memorial cave (east of the arcane uni), or fort hastral (north of kvatch) for vampires.

try memorial cave (east of the arcane uni), or fort hastral (north of kvatch) for vampires.

sweet cheers

• Advertisement

cerbeus wrote:

class website thanks for that

Glad to help. :D

More info on the Enchanted Chest mentioned in an earlier post:

The Enchanted Chest is a chest located in the Archmage's Tower, which is given to you to use as part of your promotion to the rank of Archmage in The Mages Guild. It works by taking an item placed in it and after a period of 24hrs will replicate the item.

There are quite a few items that it will do this for and Deadra Hearts is one of them.

Full details and list of ingredients it works for are here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Enchanted_Chest

Advertisement