Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving abroad

Options
  • 17-09-2006 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

I didn't know if this was to go in this forum or not, but I'll post it here. If it belongs somewhere else, please move it.

I'm 17 and next summer me and some friends were gonna travel across Europe.
    I was just wondering, after you get your drivers license do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can driver internationally(within the EU)? Or can you driver internationally as soon as you get the license?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I assume you have a full licence???? If so, I suggest you contact the AA, which issues international driving licences (I think on behalf of the gov).
    If you have a provisional...forget it. In fact get a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

no no,one of us has a full license. So it's based on insurance, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should get all the answers to your query here. You might want to price interrail tickets as it could be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I assume you're bringing your own car(s). If you're looking to hire vehicles, you may have a problem - a lot of car hire places want you to have a full licence for a few years before hiring a car out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I assume you're bringing your own car(s). If you're looking to hire vehicles, you may have a problem - a lot of car hire places want you to have a full licence for a few years before hiring a car out to you.

Ah, well then it's a problem. We'd be hiring a car over there.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement