Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance of a black car...

Options
  • 17-09-2006 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I was talking to my friend recently and she said remerked that the insurance of a black car is higher that that of a light coloured car (due to lack of visibility at night etc).
    I'm not so sure. Anyone out there with any views. Does her view hold up?

Comments appreciated,
    Merci,
    Mhaire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

mhaire_s wrote:
    Hi,

I was talking to my friend recently and she said remerked that the insurance of a black car is higher that that of a light coloured car (due to lack of visibility at night etc).

Comments appreciated,
    Merci,
    Mhaire

BullSh1t - While there are statistics showing mor collissions and mor aggressive driving from drivers of black cars, it is an immaterial fact about the car. material facts include engine size and value,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

nah, i think hes just messing with you and you didnot realise that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

mhaire_s wrote:
    Hi,

Comments appreciated,
    Merci,
    Mhaire

LMAO!!! Who comes up with this bullshít!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis well known that people driving black cars esp German saloons are psychos while sandal wearing carers for beige hatchbacks are paid by the insurance companies! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bull****. They don't even ask you the colour of your car when you apply for insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I was told by a fella in AXA that if I put my girlfriend on my policy my quote would go down by about 100 quid... because...

I'd have more to live for.. so statistically I wont drive as fast.

I sh*t you not :D

Since then I'd believe anything when it comes to insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Trotter wrote:
    I was told by a fella in AXA that if I put my girlfriend on my policy my quote would go down by about 100 quid... because...

I'd have more to live for.. so statistically I wont drive as fast.

I sh*t you not :D

No statistically only one of you can be drivin at a time, she being female would be cheaper (AFAIK) Doesn't work for parents though, plus its a ploy to get her to insure with them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That does work for wives/girlfriends and sisters.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mhaire_s wrote:
    Hi,

Comments appreciated,
    Merci,
    Mhaire

Total rubbish imo.

Insurance companies don't even ask you what colour your car is when taking out a policy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The colour thing is rhubarb, but the partner insurance is true.

I think it comes down to if you're on a journey and get tired, you can switch drivers, which makes you less of a risk on the road. A couple of years ago this was only offered to women to insure their partners; guys had to ask about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

Red cars also cost more to insure, because red cars go faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

somewhat related:

in the states where my wife is from it is more expensive to insure a red car as they're seen to be driven in a more aggressive manner. there may be other reasons for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Colour is rubbish.

Partners thing is true though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

the_batman wrote:
    Red cars also cost more to insure, because red cars go faster.
    And take the air outof the spare tyre, it will make the car lighter, and fold your seats down to lower your centre of gravity.:D ;)
    Did you know the word gulible is not in the dictionary!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As said, the colour things is crap.

The partner thing is true because the stats back it up, simple as that. If you're living with someone, then you will spend a larger proportion of your time driving with that person in the car. When they're in the car, you will drive with more caution than on your own. They will also be spending some of the time driving your car, and they're statistically backed up to cost less.

I'm surprised they don't ask if you have any children - surely the existence of children would make one drive safer.

seamus wrote:
    I'm surprised they don't ask if you have any children - surely the existence of children would make one drive safer.

I wouldn't agree with this statement. I would have thought they could be considered a distraction?

In theory you could say that any passenger is a distraction, especially older ones since they can/do talk to you. A small child in a child seat strapped into the back, (or a baby in the front) isn't going to present a massive distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

People who spend most of their time commuting Northbound are statistically less likely to be in a crash. It's a Feng Shui thing.

seamus wrote:
    In theory you could say that any passenger is a distraction, especially older ones since they can/do talk to you. A small child in a child seat strapped into the back, (or a baby in the front) isn't going to present a massive distraction.

If my girlfriend had a child (or dog) strapped in the passenger seat or the back seat, she would spend more time looking at the child/dog rather than looking at the road.

Ah here. A dog bouncing around the back of a car is completely different from a child with barely any motor skills lying on his back in a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

seamus wrote:
    Ah here. A dog bouncing around the back of a car is completely different from a child with barely any motor skills lying on his back in a seat.

What if the child is female?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

seamus wrote:
    A small child in a child seat strapped into the back, (or a baby in the front) isn't going to present a massive distraction.

You must be joking!

Mammys on the school run are scary and seem to believe they can drive while looking backwards at their children. I have had one lucky escape with one veering across the road towards me. They also stay stopped when the lights turn green if little Johnny needs a bit of attention. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

seamus wrote:

What they lack in motor skills, they make up for with lungs and vocal cords.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Got to be rubbish.

edit: previous poster had posted ecact same thing

Advertisement