Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (sept edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

360:
    Saints Row. The more I play it, the more I like it.
    Dead Rising. Not got very far, will get back to it when SR starts to wane

PC:
    Bad Day LA. Bought it, installed it, played it maybe twice, deleted it. Absolute rubbish.

DC:
    Seaman. 5 mins a day, that's the way.
    Under Defeat. Can't get off the second level, but man, it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

X360
    Dead Rising
    Saints Row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

PC:

CoH
    Sword of The Stars (it's... different I'll give it that)
    Eve
    Battlefield 2
    Oblivion

DS:
    Brain Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

DS
    Advance wars dual strike
    Castlevania

PC
    QUake 4
    Battlefield 2
    Counter-strike source

PSP
    Super Mario World
    Fire Emblem
    Final fantasy tactics advance (if the f*cker would bloody save!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    PSP
    Super Mario World
    Fire Emblem

When did Nintendo start releasing games on the PSP? :D;) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote:

I wouldn't bother. It's one of the dullest games ever created. Must be a new GBA emulator for the PSP. Damn you Ultimate Gn'G for making me upgrade :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PC;
    FlatOut2 - only really good for short bursts...
    Painkiller: Battle out of Hell - a bit of crappy level design on the first level has put me off though...
    [strike]WoW[/strike] - I finally uninstalled the bastard!!!! :)

DS;
    Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - top notch stuff
    Sonic Rush - "mneh"
    New SMB - my save got erased so i've had to start over...
    Partners in Time

I wouldn't bother. It's one of the dullest games ever created. Must be a new GBA emulator for the PSP. Damn you Ultimate Gn'G for making me upgrade

Yeah the GBA emulator is a pain though cause saving doesnt seem to work properly.

Is Ultimate GnG any good? I havnt had a killer ap for the PSP to tempt me to upgrade yet. (locoRoco was very tempting though)

On a side note, I picked castlevania for the DS today and I havnt played a Castlevania game since the mega drive release (and that was the only one I ever played)

sooo can I give a brief...WTF M8!?!?!?!

it plays like metroid?

on a side note, I love games that play like metroid.

but still.

Its metroid...with magic spells etc. And levelling up? and the ability to randomly sit on chairs.

so very confused.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Castlevania has mostly played like Metroid games since IGA took over as producer and made the stupidly good Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the PS1. You should check out the Castlevania games on the GBA, just as good as Dawn of Sorrow.

Ultimate Gn'G is rather excellent although not a patch on Ghouls n' Ghosts. Well worth getting especially since it's budget priced (30 in Xtravision). However Loco Roco is a far better game imo. Gradius Collection is worth getting. Gradius Gaiden is worth the price alone but you get 3 classics as well and one not so classic, I'm looking at you Gradius IV.

heh, here was me thinking I was in for some classic platforming action ala bloodlines on the mega drive (i loved that game).

Is symphony of the night hard to find? (and is it just ps1?)

• Advertisement

Symphony of the Night on PS1 is a very rare game. It goes for a mint on ebay especially in good condition with soundtrack. It is also available on the Sega Saturn but is even rarer and more expensive (and inferior despite two small new sections). In fact I only managed to get my copy when I found out my mothers cousin works for Konami and managed to get his hands on the last copy Konami Europe had.

However I heard that it will probably be one of the first releases for the launch of the PSP's PS1 emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My brother bought Dead Rising but I'm not allowing myself to play it until I finish Prey! I really feel close to the end, so I'd say not much more to stick out.

It's hard though, Dead Rising looks like so much fun (except for the frustratingly small writing if you don't have a HD tv :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

lego star wars once it arrives :D
    some graw, finished kameo and some CS:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Symphony of the Night on PS1 is a very rare game. It goes for a mint on ebay especially in good condition with soundtrack. It is also available on the Sega Saturn but is even rarer and more expensive (and inferior despite two small new sections). In fact I only managed to get my copy when I found out my mothers cousin works for Konami and managed to get his hands on the last copy Konami Europe had.

However I heard that it will probably be one of the first releases for the launch of the PSP's PS1 emulator.

apparently coming to XBLA aswell

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152635

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

PC
    IL2 Forgotten battles (and have been for years..never get bored with it..new campaigns ever week)

Battlefield 2

Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth 2

GameCube

Tiger Woods

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just pro evo...as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I'm playing dead rising right and i'll probably play counter strike as my brother finally was able to get broadband in our area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

GC: Smash Bros - good craic, got it second hand in GAME last week.

PS2: We Love Katamari - deadly craic. I've no idea why this is so much fun, but it is. I was watching tv with my woman at the weekend, and some ad came on for a phone or something. She made a comment about it, but all i was thinking was "jeez, i'd love to roll all that stuff up in a ball". true story.

Also, i got Black the other week. I think I'll tackle it this weekend.

DS: NSMB - one coin left to get
    And Brain training from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

PC:

Oblivion - I've been playing the game for a month!! does it ever end?

F.E.A.R - Herd all about this game never played it the first 15 mins of the game scared the bejeebus outta me havent been freaked out by a game that much since realms of the haunting way way back in the 90's

Starwars Lego II - for a lego game that takes the mick out of star wars its one of the most enjoyable games ive played in a long long time

Starwars empire at war - If you a hardcore starwars fan you'll REALLY want to play this game trust me it rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

'AL wrote:
    [EN']havent been freaked out by a game that much since realms of the haunting way way back in the 90's

Ha! I was just thinking about that game the other week, going to see if I can find my copy. I used to have to leave the lights on playing it.

Coming soon: my reply to this thread mentioning ROTH in my 'currently playing' list...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DamoBrad

on the PC i'm playin
    FEAR Combat.. truely savage game..
    Reservoir dogs - good but not great, allows you to relive the movie from a lot of different aspects.. but overall its kinda limited..
    Project Rockstar.. an online pop idol style forum game.. www.projectrockstar.com

on the ps
    NFS most wanted - afantastic game.. nuff said
    True Crime Streets of New York.. great loads of choices
    Fahrenheit - a fantastic logic based puzzle solvin game.. truely fantastic but not for everyone..

man the scaryiest freaky game i've EVER played is :eek: SiLENT HiLL 2.. :eek: seriously creepy.. jus.. creepy creepy..

(shivers) but thankfully completed it.. it stopped the nytemares :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

nah, system shock 2 was scary and hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

nah, system shock 2 was scary and hard.

I'm sure I'm going to need councelling to get over that game. My mate still likes to frighten the sh*te out of me by creepy up behind me and screaming "You're not one of us!" :eek:

I started playing Joint Task Force last night. It kicks ass! The demo sucked, but the full thing is fantastic. It's like an RTS Black Hawk Down. And I've my PhysX card arriving next week so hopefully make it even better (or blow up my computer when I connect it wrong!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Xbox 360 :

lego star wars 2 , my god this game is fun and addictive . i picked up dead rising last week and it has not even made it into the 360 yet.

pc :

i was going through half life 2 again but my pc is acting up buy turning it's self off when ever it likes and lego star wars 2 has taken over .

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PC: Broken Sword Angel of Death - can't beat a good graphic adventure, and this IS a good graphic adventure!

DS: Megaman ZX - best megaman game in years.... 6 hours in, and I'm totally hooked - nice castlevania/metroid mechanics in this one (get abilities/keys to access a new areas).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TmB wrote:
    DS: Megaman ZX - best megaman game in years.... 6 hours in, and I'm totally hooked - nice castlevania/metroid mechanics in this one (get abilities/keys to access a new areas).
    just ordered that, sounds like my kind of game:)

i've also started playing through F.E.A.R. again - top notch stuff

Dead Space can be quite scary too...

(so can Viva Pinata after a fistful of pills and an infinite smokin spliff.. lol):D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice necro there. Fitting that you mention Deap Space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pc
    dead space
    fallout 3
    red alert 3

ps3
    mgs 4

xbox
    fable 2 (cant get into it though :-/)

Advertisement