Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (sept edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC
    Saints row 2
    pes2009
    Riddick Butcher Bay (missed this years ago good game)
    Rv6 Vegas
    GRAW2
    RavenShield
    Ghost recon 1

i likes coop :o

Gow2
    Sf2HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

(Just a PS3 gamer myself)

PS3:
    CoD:WaW (Zombies mostly)
    CoD4:MW (Online only)
    Warhawk
    Getting back into Uncharted (Want to get platinum in it)
    Mirror's Edge (Just a bit of fun really)
    LittleBigPlanet (Got both MGS Packs for this. That and the community is booming atm)

And downloads:
    Savage Moon
    SSHD: Team / Solo Pack
    Linger in Shadows (Catz in Yur gamez, lingerin in Yur shadowzz)
    and Skate 2 Demo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Peggle.

Got to the last mission on GTA 4(PC), got fed up repeating it, and now it crashes every time I try to start it. Started playing Peggle one night to fill a few minutes, gf who has zero interest in games, hates them actually, took one shot while I was out of the room, and now she's turned into some kind of peggle fiend and I can't get near my laptop.

As soon as I get it back I'll probably finish off FarCry, then maybe replay Fallout 3.

Or I'll give up and dust off the Wii and finish Red Steel and try to get back into Zelda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

360 - Bully (played some of the PS2 version already, but couldn't resist a bargain for a tenner on play)
    PSP - Puzzle quest (can't put the bastarding thing down! Have been putting at least 90 mins a day into it for the past 3 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

PS3:
    Call of Duty; Modern Warfare, Online only
    Call of Duty; World at War, On/Offline
    Need for Speed Undercover
    Fallout 3
    Obvlivion
    Madden 09
    Guitar Hero

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PC - WoW:Wotlk - Football Manager 09 - Red Alert 3 - World of Goo

X360 - Puzzle Quest - Mirror's Edge - fifa 09

Wii ...
    PS3 ...
    PSP ...
    DS ...

nothing against the last few platforms just not playing anything on them right now will start hammering into Resistence 1 and 2 pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

Need for Speed Undercover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

GTA4 - pc
    HL2 HD Cinematic Mod
    Portal

Current 360 games are in my sig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

PC:
    Left 4 Dead

360:
    Left 4 Dead (that's right, you're not seeing double)
    Prince of Persia

About to start another playthrough of Shadow of the Colossus and yet another RE4 session. I'll be dabbling in other games but I can't remember them at the moment. Might play Uncharted again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

koneko wrote: »
    PC:
    Left 4 Dead

360:
    Left 4 Dead (that's right, you're not seeing double)

Which do you prefer?
    I'm tempted to get l4d for my xbox but I've never really enjoyed multiplayer fps's without a mouse & keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I preferred the PC version. Looks nicer and the keyboard and mouse is such a better control scheme. That and modding and free additional content. However if you have loads of friends on xboxlive to play it with it might be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Go with whatever your friends (or usual multiplayer buddies) are playing. The PC version is better, better control and better graphics (obviously depending on system), and it'll get more content (user mods) and has patches earlier. The PC version got a big patch recently and 360 is still waiting.

I'm stuck playing both because my usual online "mates" are playing on 360, whereas RL friends are playing on PC. Not that I mind, because it's a kickass game :) It's great on 360 too though and to be honest I always end up playing it more, because there are more people ready to play a game of Versus when I'm on, and everyone has mics (definite bonus).

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

gears 1/2
    cod 4 (xbox)
    command and conquer red alert 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At the moment:

World of Goo (Mac) - I adore this game. Just finished world one (demo) and went straight online to pick up the whole thing. Some of the levels so far - the tower and the final world one level with the
    eye balloons
    - are astonishing. Most imaginative game I've played since Braid.

World Ends With You (DS) - started it during the summer, hated it. Went back after all the good reports, and after a while began to enjoy the hell out of it. Great combat, fantastic choice of items, interesting story - really refreshing JRPG, despite a relatively steep learning curve for the first hour or two, but worth the time to get used to it.

Mirrors Edge (360) - a great engine with some fantastic moments alongside some really annoying game design.

Rock Band 2 (360) - extremely fun, does what it sets out to very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fallout 3
    MGO
    PES 2009

Red Alert 3 (Disappointing so far)

Yet to open:

LBP
    COD4
    Valkrya Chronicles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

PS3:
    Dead space
    Far Cry 2
    Resistance 2

Xbox:
    Fallout 3
    COD 3
    Halo 3

Still haven't finished (and probably never will):
    Assassins Creed
    Medal of Honor Airbourne
    Condemned
    Bioshock
    Dark Sector
    Dead Rising
    GRAW
    Devil may Cry 4
    Tomb Raider

Short attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

360:
    Skate 2
    Devil May Cry 4
    Mirrors Edge (Doing it for the second time to get the test of faith achievement)

All other consoles: nothing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fallout 3 and deadspace at the moment,looking foward to dawn of war 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

smooch71 wrote: »
    PS3:
    Dead space
    Far Cry 2
    Resistance 2

Xbox:

Assassins Creed
    Medal of Honor Airbourne
    Condemned
    Bioshock
    Dark Sector
    Dead Rising
    GRAW
    Devil may Cry 4
    Tomb Raider

Short attention span.

Lol...i'm so similar

Assassins Creed - won't play it again...repeating itself
    Medal of Honor Airbourne - biggest dissappointment ever
    Condemned - bored after 2 hours
    Bioshock - was enjoyin it, got far, reformatted..cant be bothered goin through it again
    GRAW - didnt like
    Devil may Cry 4 - Dante clone drove me insane
    Fallout 3 - was excellent...completed that..but bitterly dissapointed with ending
    COD 3 - couldnt be arsed...Infinity wards versions much better
    Halo 3 - What was all the hype about ?...2 levels in i turned it off
    GOW - Decent enough..got repetitive..or maybe i got a new game and left it
    GOW 2 - was GOW1 with a new number
    Dead space - gave it a go..but came out same week as farcry 2 and Fallout 3..fallout 3 took over
    Far Cry 2 - same as above

Only games i find myself playing are

Left4Dead,
    DOW2 demo,
    COD4 - (clan matches only)
    Rock Band1/2
    Fable - gave a lend to a friend

Lookin forward to

Resi 5,
    Street Fighter 4
    DoW2,
    Empire : Total War
    Batman : arkum asylum or somethin its called
    Xmen Origins - Wolverine
    Starcraft2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Valkyria chronicles: Nearing the end and loving every minute of it
    Left 4 Dead: Just so damn good in multiplayer
    Phantasy Star 2: An absolute slog of a game needs an faq to be beaten (it came it a strategy guide on release). Only playing it because I really want to play the fourth game in the series which is supposedly amazing and want the whole backstory
    Final Fantasy 3: Really just want to get this gmae over and done with. It's okay but compared to 4 onwards it's just too archaic. Really want to get onto Dragon Quest IV, FFIV and Phantom Hourglass but this game just doesn't want me to pick up the DS :(

Surprisingly little at the moment, up to my eyes with college :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Phantom Hourglass

Please prioritise this, I promise, I'll bet my (admittadely worthless) reputation on it.

Oh don't worry, it's next after FFIII. It's just I have 2 hours of gaming every night now and it's either read a book or FFIII and the book is rather good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have absolutely no time lately, to play anything save 45 minutes of World at War maybe 1-2 times a week. College, work, girlfriend...it all takes its toll. Got a 360 as well the last day which doesn't help things. Have GTAIV on that, and getting Dead Space/C&C3 during the week. I'll probably give Dead Space a whirl (only interested after watching the movie, really) but the others will probably never be played. Ah well...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mostly playing Persona 3 FES (brilliance. Ridiculously time consuming brilliance) and Dragon Quest IV (only just started, but same old DQ formula I love) at the moment - again, don't find myself playing for too long anymore. Awaiting a good shooter at the moment - while neither look remarkable, Resi V or Fear 2 will probably end up being the next purchase (although Chrono Trigger is also looking tempting, but too many RPGs on the go at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

PS3:
    Fallout 3
    CoD4
    GH:WT

That's it. And a bit of CoD5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Currently playing Mass Effect (360) and Final Fantasy 4 (DS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Currently Playing :
    FIFA 09 (360)

Chrono Trigger (DS)

Still to finish:
    Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3 + Command & Conquer 3 (Both 360)
    Grid(360)
    Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney - Trials And Tribulations(DS)
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2(360)
    Dead Rising(360)
    Ace Combat : Fires Of Liberation (360)
    Ridge Racer 2(PSP)
    Prince Of Persia(360)
    Burnout Paradise(360)
    Lost Planet(360)
    Ninja Gaiden II(360)
    Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)
    Elite Beat Agents (DS)
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Star Wars : The Force Unleashed(360)
    Blue Dragon(360)

Jesus, look at that list. Some of those games I won't be getting around to (SW:TFU can go and do one) but there are some that I will definitely come back to sometime (Shadow Of The Colossus and Elite Beat Agents are two for sure).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing rogue galaxy now at the moment and I say its a gem of a rpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PSP - Puzzle Quest (still!)
    I swear to god I'll beat that ******* final boss sometime this week!
    Chrono Trigger is next on the list

360 - Pure
    I wasn't all that taken by the demo, but couldn't resist this at a bargain price!
    James Bond: Quantum of Solace;
    Pretty crap, but can't really complain as it came free with my phone...
    Ninja Gaiden II

• Advertisement

Playing rogue galaxy now at the moment and I say its a gem of a rpg.

Just started that, in fact off to play it now. Loving it so far although not loving I have so little time to play it :(

Advertisement