Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Wizard

Options
  • 17-09-2006 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

This is my first time posting here, so please be nice!

Has anyone here heard of Electric Wizard? They're a doom-metal stoner band from England, utterly amazing. I heard from some-one who works in Tower records that they might be coming here this year. Does anyone know anything else about that?

Oh ****! I just read the 'no gigs here' thread! Um, sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

This'll be probably moved to gigs but I haven't heard anything about a gig. If anyone is bringing them over it's probably U:mack who have brought a load of similar bands over. I'd ****ing love to see Electric Wizard, ****ing class band. You don't like metal if you don't like the Wizard. Dopethrone is an amazing album. ****, it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

John wrote: »
    This'll be probably moved to gigs but I haven't heard anything about a gig. If anyone is bringing them over it's probably U:mack who have brought a load of similar bands over. I'd ****ing love to see Electric Wizard, ****ing class band. You don't like metal if you don't like the Wizard. Dopethrone is an amazing album. ****, it's all good!

I love dopethrone but I think the self titled 'Electric Wizard' is their best work. Amazing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Great band. Come My Fanatics is another great album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

This is my first time posting here, so please be nice!

Has anyone here heard of Electric Wizard? They're a doom-metal stoner band from England, utterly amazing. I heard from some-one who works in Tower records that they might be coming here this year. Does anyone know anything else about that?

Yeah, we'll be nice. Great band.

Dopethrone

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Yeah, we'll be nice. Great band.

Dopethrone

You cant get more stoner/doom metal than the devil smoking a bong! Any thoughts on the newest album "Black masses"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I love dopethrone but I think the self titled 'Electric Wizard' is their best work. Amazing band.

'Behemoth' is an epic track!

Yep, plenty of love for the Leccy Wizz here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Well there's an unpopular opinion, still not a bad album though. My favourite album of theirs is Come My Fanatics. The heavy as fuck guitar sound and trippy, psychedelic vibe of the album takes me to another planet. The weak drum production lets it down slightly but it's no big deal. Dopethrone and Witchcult Today would be my next choices, Dopethrone for it's intensity and huge riffs and Witchcult Today for it's warm analogue production and spacey feel.

Advertisement