Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two phones with the same number ? ...

• 17-09-2006 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Can two phones have the same phone number without swapping SIM cards?

RTG Voda to be specific ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no, not that i know of. why do you want to do that? there might be a different way of doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a case of cloneing the sim card. Unfortunately that illegal to do, so the software is hard enough to find.

I'm not sure what the implications are with regard to using both sims at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

it is possible to do this
    you can only have one phone turned on @ any one time though.

having said that - i'd be very surprised in vodafone offered this to RTG subscribers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I bought myself a Voda RTG 3g last year and purchased a new sim card for my old Noki 3310 and kept it as a spare ..... two different numbers of course on the two phones ....

from Time to time I forget my 3g (leave it at home) .... now if I carried the old Noki in the car at all times and it worked with the same number as My 3g I could receive my calls on either phone but for this to work I would really need both phones to have the same number and be on line at the same time .....

but if it's not allowed then bang goes the master plan ....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

you could always divert the calls from the 3 g phone (if not answered or not reachable which ever suits best) to your other number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Shame you really can't divert SMS messages!

As for the the same phone number in 2 phones, it's not possible on Irish networks. I think one of the UK companys do it, T-Mobile perhaps? But then.. that's sfa use to you!

Advertisement