Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp your Club / Society

Options
  • 17-09-2006 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

This thread is for people affiliated to sports clubs to write a post about their clubs acivities and why you should join.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

UCD Canoe Club

check out http://gallery.ucdcanoeclub.com for a sample of canoeclub life.

UCD Website Spiel:

Canoe
    This UCD club is just after celebrating it’s 30th year and is still going strong. The club’s activities take in all kayak disciplines including racing, freestyle, surf-kayaking and whitewater. River trips take place almost every weekend during the year to rivers such as the Boyne as well as the Annamoe in Wicklow.
    New members quickly gain proficiency and emphasis is placed on fun, safe river trips. The sport is open to all, with no previous experience necessary. All equipment and instruction is provided by the Club. The club boasts a great social and friendly atmosphere with many weekends away during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

There seems to be a stickied thread in this forum for this already and a thread about what should I join but why not, you're the mod:

DUTCH soc
    AKA the dutch gold society, not just about dutch gold, but is just about drink. We organise the biggest and best parties in and around UCD. The freshers reception is this thursday, 21st Sept. There will be some free beer wine and cidre but it promises to run out fast as we're expecting quite the crowd.

As well as frequent parties with free drink and food (cant give out drink in UCD without food) we organise film nights, poker nights and trips; including the infamous annaul trip abroad.

Dutch soc is a medium society, about 500 members. It is the best way to get to know ppl as our event are always on a small scale and in or near UCD. Do you really think you'll make a lot of friends in a night club or a lecture theatre?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Two sports clubs for the girls...ladies rugby and netball. Both are small enough so you'll defo be able to get right involved.

Ladies rugby was something I never thought id get involoved in as Im not a butch lesbian built like a sumo wrestler. However,I gave it a shot two years ago when it first started up after numerous munster versus leinster matches in the back garden with my brother. I was shocked at the first training session to see loads of normal looking girls who just wanted to keep fit while having a laugh. Its a great club to join if you want to stay in shape while having lots of fun along the way. Highlights of our calender include the girls match in Donnybrook before the guys colours match and lots of tournament throughout the year

If you want to get involved visit us in the freshers tent or contact Brid Doherty
    tel. 086 6073211

Also Netball Great club to get involved as not many people play it in Ireland but its absolutely huge in England and Australia. Therefore your chances of making the national squad if you play in UCD are very very high. Lots of opportunities to travel to england and have lots of craic too!

Advertisement