Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Strange DVD recorder problem-won't record Sky

• 18-09-2006 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all!
    I'm having a strange problem with my Sky box and DVD recorder.The DVD recorder appears to be set up correctly.The DVD recorder picks up Sky (on AV) fine but has problems recording.
    Sky is picked up on the recorder's Scart source.When I press record, to record Sky, it appears to work but when I turn off the TV the recorder stops recording!Sometimes it resumes recording as soon as I turn on the TV again,more times the recorder jams and has to be unplugged and plugged in again!
    Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this problem?Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MivecSocky

Best advice I can give ya is pick up the manual, look for the tech support number and call them, or else take it back to where you bought it. I did tech support for dvd recorders for a few months I can tell you they give nothing but problems and it could be one of many things, if you ring tech support they will have seen your problem a thousand times before (not that they'll tell you that of course) and will either have a handy solution or else will arrange a pickup (provided its in warranty).
    Might be worth going onto the manufacturers website an checking if theres a firmware update available, it'l reset the main chip on the board and may solve odd ball problems like this..

Oh and before you go ringing/downloading, check that everything is connected right (obvious I know but the amount of people who called in giving out that the yoke wasnt working when it wasnt connected right was unreal)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

@ MivecSocky Tim? :)

Anyway, check your cabling and call support. Scart should be coming from the vcr output of your sky box to whatever input scart you have (one not labled tv).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

a lot of satellite channels are copy protected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

twanda wrote:
    a lot of satellite channels are copy protected

That still doesnt explain why it only happens when the tv is switched off.

Is there any way that the recorder is sensing that the TV is being switched off and thus switching off the recorder?
    What happens if you only unplug the TV rather than using the remote, does the recorder get affected.

How is your setup, setup?

Scart from TV out of digibox to TV scart input and scart from VCR output to DVD recorder scart input?

Have you tried the recorder scart input from the tv out on the digibox?

Advertisement