Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My issue with "E" and an unforgetful experience!

• 18-09-2006 6:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

<--- Long time poster.

A few months ago me and a couple of friends were bored and there was no smoke in town so we decided to take some pills. I had taken them before and at that time i had not taken them since new years.

Anyways we got the pills, there was four of us there. One of these four had supposedly taken them before "a couple of times". We shall refer to this person as "Cal".

Well me, the guys and Cal were having a great laugh we listened to music all night and into the early hours of the morning. About 5 or six we took our last pills. For the lads and i this was our fourth.

This was Cals third.

Around an hour later everything was winding down, everyone was starting to come down and i had decided to pack the pills in for good because i felt ****ty all night.

I decided to make tea and Cal followed me down. The room we were in was like a hotbox. Both the xbox and pc had been on all night. One for visualisations and one for music as i was too lazy to transfer it over.

Cal and i had our tea and we talked for a while until one of the other lads came down and Cal went upstairs.

Me and this other lad had a chat and went back upstairs to an awaiting Cal and the other friend.

As i type this the hairs stand up on my back!! And my heart is racing!

Cal was over by the newly opened window in an armchair and he looked like he was lying down. The music was still playing.

All of a sudden i hear this noise. Sounds like gargling and i look over and Cals kinda flailing about and making strange noises.

I immediatley assume hes taking the piss but on a closer inspective glance i realise theres something more entirely fúcked up happening.

I go over to a pale faced Cal who is taking a seizure and muscle spasming all over my armchair.

I freak out, im slapping him in the face, he keeps this up for a couple of more seconds as i scream to my friend to call an ambulance. Cals making these moises as if hes calling for help from within, that may sound gay, but if you were there you would understand how harrowing it was.

My friend who calls the ambulance is frightened to a pulp and is merely spectating. Me and the friend whos beside me watching this are trying to decide what to do before this gets worse.

The call gets through and my scared fruitless friend hands me the phone, they try to calm me but it isnt working, i tell them to get down here immediatly or something bads going to happen. I give the adress.

At this stage Cals face is pure pale, the spasms stop and he lets out a long breath. I scream at him not to die. Hes not moving or responding. His body sinks off the chair. A trickle of blood comes out of his mouth.

Im not stupid, i was in his face the entire time looking at this rolled back eyes and making sure he didnt swallow his tongue. He hasn't bit anything either.

Im sure hes dead for ten disgusting fcuking seconds. Therefore a bit of me suddenly dies inside.

Im not particulary sure how, but he comes out of it, i see movement and hes breathing again. I thank whatever lord or deity anyone on this earth believes in at any given time for this chance.

I start laughing, because he seems to be ok and he had spilled a pint glass of water on his way down. I made it clear to him that he hadnt peed himself.

Theres the doorbell, the ambulance come up, i refrain to tell them the whole story, he doesnt want to go with them, they cant take him, they ask am i telling the whole story and was it only drink, i say it was drink but i tell them exactly what happened to him with the seizure and the blood and the ten seconds of agony and all.

But they leave anyways while suggesting we take him outside to the fresh air. We do, he can barely walk down the stairs. We get outside. I tell Call what happened, hes spaced out.

I realise that i have to tell him what happened again, and again, memory doesnt seem to be serving him well. And its getting worse. Hes talking strangely. I tell him again and again.

We all are tired and scared. We thought it was over. I start crying, he doesnt seem to respond. Me and the lads are even talking about it in front of him at this stage and hes just looking ahead, not bothered.

Time to go to the hospital, i fear brain damage. We take him up in a taxi and i start crying at reception as i try to explain what happened.

They take him in, ask him his age address and phone number, he gives the wrong details for one of these when asked again. They admit him, his condidtion deteriorates.

I ask to see him, i am shocked. He has voilent and abusive outbursts if anyone comes within range. This goes on for hours.

I talk to his parents, they are surprisingly nice about the whole thing and dont blame me for a thing. Something i was not expecting.

Anyways, to cut this short, my heart was going frightenly fast the entire time i was in reception waiting for any news hoping that my friend isnt mentally handicapped (worse case paranoia on my part).

I got signed in after my legs went from unerneath me at his bedside when he was asleep. I broke down and was in bits. I felt like it was all my fault.

They did all their tests, heart tracing etc. They even gave me an xray!! Anyways, all of this, four of five hours from when he was signed in, i had been to his house in this time (fist hours) talking to his father and back again to the hospital.

I get a phone call, ive never been so happy, its him, and lol he asks me what happened!! I tell him i'll be upstairs to his ward in a jiffy. Hes grand, just a bit shaken. And remains my friend to this day.

But i cant sleep properly since. I think about his face every night, right in front of me. I have to get rid of this chair too, the one he was sitting on at the time.

I think im going to see my friend taking a seizure, in the dark in my room. It haunts my every move until this day. I can only sleep comfortably with the girlfriend, which is infrequent.

When it gets bright its easier. The slightest noise freaks me out. Trail of thought always leads to this. Thankfully i havent had any nightmares about it.

Reality is more of a nightmare than anything you could conjure up, believe me. Ive seen hell, and it doesnt involve pitchforks and demons.

I want to get his out of my head. I believe you will manifest your fears if they become strong enough.

I didnt know whether to post here or not.

Oh and BTW, if you like pumping your body full of homemade unknown chemicals for fun. You or someone you care about will be due a dose of reality very soon, dont you worry. Its not worth it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Theres the doorbell, the ambulance come up, i refrain to tell them the whole story, he doesnt want to go with them, they cant take him, they ask am i telling the whole story and was it only drink, i say it was drink but i tell them exactly what happened to him with the seizure and the blood and the ten seconds of agony and all.

You all are very lucky lads OP.
    I have quoted the above piece, because, (and I know you know this already) but what you did above was a very silly thing to do and could have resulted in a lot worse.
    Ambulance men/doctors and nurses are used to this. Not telling them the truth stops them from doing their work and may prevent them saving a life.
    You didn't tell them because you were all afraid of getting in trouble. Getting in trouble, no matter how much, is better than loosing a friend. Most people don't seem to get that until it's too late. Taking something you are not sure of for a few hours pleasure is not worth the life time of pain it could possibly cause.
    I am saying the above for others that might read this, I'm not getting at you OP, you already have learned that lesson I think.

As for you not sleeping, hardly surprising. You nearly lost your friend, you know that and you know you were in control of that situation and would have probably blamed yourself. That's an awful lot of pressure on you and the 'maybe's' involved. The sleep will get better as time goes by and things return to normal. You've had a very bad fright, this always preys on your mind until you come to terms with it. Give it time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Oh and BTW, if you like pumping your body full of homemade unknown chemicals for fun. You or someone you care about will be due a dose of reality very soon, dont you worry. Its not worth it.
    eh..... that's a bit rich isn't it?

Because of your one bad experience, you seem to think you know it all and that the kind of experience you had is inevitable? Get down of your high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

One of my closest friends spent the day fitting yesterday after horsing back particularly strong pills on Saturday night. He has bit his tongue and has burst blood vessels in his eye and is really worn out now, will need a few days fo rest. Sounds like your are deeply traumatised by what happened and could be suffering from post-traumatic stress, especially if it's causing you so much angst/sleeplessness. It's an upsetting thing to wintess. Why don't you go and have a chat with your GP? A prescription of light sleeping tablets for three or four nights may get your sleeping back into a pattern.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

joker77 wrote:
    eh..... that's a bit rich isn't it?

Because of your one bad experience, you seem to think you know it all and that the kind of experience you had is inevitable? Get down of your high horse.

joker
    Read this forums charter with regards to unhelpful comments.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

hell of a story my friend....

A certain Richard Ashcroft song comes to mind.
    Lucky escape for Cal. Time to hit the pills on the head i reckon...
    As for your nightmares, well, its on your conscience unfortunately.
    Take it Day by day i suppose....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Sounds like a classic "shellshock" experience, man. I had simular symptoms myself over an unrelated incident, but no less frighteneing. I never sought help for mine and it's just over a year now since it happened. What I did is I retreated away from everything that had anything to do with that incident (I even left my job and moved city). I was reclusive for about 4 months before doing a course and getting back into life again.

I regret not seeking help because I really was alone, but felt I couldn't. I don't regret the experience, however. I am finally getting my life in order as a result of the soul searching I did (a year is a long time to spend in your own company :eek:), and have purged every bad person from my life as a result of my new perspectives. I didn't go out to get rid of them, it's just that when whoever it was fcuked up THIS time, I could see it and told them go to Hell.

I hope you can get something from this. I did go on a bit :D </rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

same thing happened to my mate when we were in ibiza about 4 years ago. about 15 of us out to some nightclub called eden. a few pills taken (about 3 or 4). at about 6:30 in the morn we were just sitting down with icey cold beers saying how that was one of the best nights ever. all of a sudden my mate starts having a fit... i can understand what you went through. it was the most disgustingly, horrible, terrible, terrifying, god awful thing ive ever been through. anyway, ambulance came but they ended up not even taking him in cos he woke up just before they arrived, none the wiser too, i might add.

we went back to the apartments and kept a vigil beside his bed (with a load of lilos around him incase he'd another one). we were out on the balcony having a few beers to relax a bit and funeral procession goes by. it was a manky time.

anyway, he woke up the next afternoon - still none the wiser saying jasus that was an absoloute cracker of a night. we were looking at each other like he'd lost it. so we had to tell him what happened and he wouldnt believe us.

if it makes you feel any better, he hadnt had a fit before and hasnt since either. and as far as anyone can tell, theres no lasting damage to him. thank god. so i hope your mate's the same. you probably feel like a frightened little pussycat now but dont worry, it'll go. we'd all got the heebie jeebies for a month after!

ps tell your mate the foam party was great and ask when's he having another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

IMHO, you had a very traumatic experience. Go talk to someone. GP or even a friend.

Years ago, a friend of mine went on a big night out as they say, and never woke up. Your friend is still alive. You should try and be thankful for that. Nobody blames you either. So after a very traumatic experience everything is ok. Thats good right?

Probably best to stay clear of the 'bangers' alright.

I hope things work out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Your story is a good deterent for anyone to not use drugs. I think it would be fitting to see this on a flyer or message wall as a warning to others.

I hope you will find the courage to get over your experience and I hope it will convince you not take part in future.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

hell of a story my friend....

A certain Richard Ashcroft song comes to mind.

Although that song does not refer to what you think it does

On another note i think the story seems a bit contrived, like another poster said you seem to think you know it all now and are very quick to pass judgement on something in which you have little experience

I love these comments off people that probably drink and smoke, the things which are a hundred times worse than what you posted about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

sounds to me like worry , post , traumatic stress, and wanting to forget something you can't and never will. so why try ?

insted of that go talk to somebody, like a sicoligist if it is eating you up as much as you say well then, getting it out of your system, in that way may help.

It can't of been essy bye any meens at all, but mate it happened nothing going to come of it...now so why worry about something that happened a long time ago ?

yeah we all make mistakes its not your fault some people cant take pills some sort of chemical reacts with it and you get seeure's like that.

Drink n Drugs : A hundred thousand welcomes to the HELLl that is now Oireland !

Although that song does not refer to what you think it does

"Now the drugs dont work they just make you worse, but i know i'll see your face again"

So what do you think that refers to? bunny rabbits?

"Now the drugs dont work they just make you worse, but i know i'll see your face again"

So what do you think that refers to? bunny rabbits?

Someone that was dying of cancer and the drugs that they received only made them worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

No offence other posters but hes not really lookin for a lecture on drugs he nos it went bad , hes lookin for help on something that none of you can imagine so quite the lecture hes askin for advice about his problems .....

im not trying to be to big for my boots or anything it just seem grossly unfair that you guys are lectueing some one on something he allready know's and youde no that if any of you have ever taken drugs before ....

Someone that was dying of cancer and the drugs that they received only made them worse

Ah yes... that would make sense alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Ah yes... that would make sense alright

*Munch Munch* can't talk any more... eating his words... LOL

OP: I would seriously suggest you go and talk to you GP, he will more than likely refer you onto someone. Dont let your ego (of going to a counsellor) get in the way of sorting this out.

Also time will help heal the wounds.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

OP you are suffering from a form of post-traumatic stress. It will pass in time but how much time depends on how strong you are and how traumatised you were. It could be gone in a few weeks or could last much longer. Counselling from a good counsellor or psychologist will help you get over this event much more quickly than if you let it fade away. Life can be horribly uncomforatable while suffering from PST and believe me I know what you are going through. I suffered from it before for over a year a number of years ago and am suffering from it again right now. This time I am seeking help and it works.

Drugs of all sorts can cause long term mental health problems and take this as a warning to treat your mind and body with a bit more respect. I was a long term and heavy drug user for over 10 years of my life. Recently I nearly suffered a full psychotic break due to my drug abuse at a time in my life where I was probably using the least amount of drugs in my recent history. I took one drag of a grass joint and went on a bad trip for 7 days which I was lucky to come out of and lucky not to have to recieve lifelong psychiatric treatment for. Nothing even remotely like this had ever happened me before even when I had serious drug problem. My best friend suffers with paranoid schizophrenia which was induced through long term abuse of xtc, cocaine and esp marijuana. I have other friends who cant even think about touching drugs anymore due to varying problems such as anxiety and paranoia. They are certain people that could probably abuse drugs for their whole lives and never suffer with any mental health problems but imo those people are in the minority and its not a gamble worth taking belive me. My friends and I gambled and the majority of us lost to varying degrees. Long term drug abuse does come back to haunt you and dont fool yourself into thinking it wont. And for people who think smoking marijuana is excluded from that then you are wrong. In my experience marijuana is potentially the most dangerous drug for the onset of some form of psychosis in later life. Long term habitual use of marijuana can be devestating for a huge number of people. Tbh I dont even know why im preaching like this because people will ignore me and and end up finding out for themselves just like I did. What I will say is that if you do suffer with any mental health problems related to drug abuse then go seek help. Do not ignore these problems as they will only get worse. There are psychiatric drugs out there with a combination of psychological treatment that can help to a huge degree.

OP I hope your friend recovers and you find some peace soon. Dont worry too much though ... what you are suffering from is perfectly normal and isnt as serious as it feels at this moment in time.

Beruthiel wrote:
    joker
    Read this forums charter with regards to unhelpful comments.
    B
    Ok Beruthiel, did that. In my defence I was responding to something in the post, which would in my opinion fall under this section of the charter:
    Any advice given should be mature, contructive and non-abusive.
    I thought the OP's comments were neither mature nor constructive, and almost sounded like they were bordering on a threat:
    You or someone you care about will be due a dose of reality very soon, dont you worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

OP, I really hope you start to feel better soon. I had a mild form of ptsd after a burglary, but it really does ease with time. Perhaps moving flat might help, (maybe not).

Joker 77, We really dont know what goes into these pills. Taking drugs can have consequences. I've stopped smoking cos I just cant take it mentally anymore. The OP had a bad experience, and personally, I'm glad he shared it, we need to hear about stuff like this when it happens.

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote:
    Ok Beruthiel, did that. In my defence I was responding to something in the post, which would in my opinion fall under this section of the charter:

I thought the OP's comments were neither mature nor constructive, and almost sounded like they were bordering on a threat:

I was referring to anyone with their mates who think its a great laugh to take the pills, who would want to be prepared for an event like this. A dose of reality, thats what i got.

Thats what you or someone you know gets when playing with chemicals from a dangerous environment. I feel better now that i know that some posters have experienced the same or similar things. And got through it.

Im not threatening anybody! I gave a detailed discription of something that completly freaked me out in ways that you might not understand. And no, thats not another high horse, thats me admitting that im probably a weaker person than you.

When i was finished that discription maybe i was a bit forward in my last paragraph, but thats how i feel about anyone risking their lives for bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭manufan

PLAYBOY, That was a sobering post. I can identify with everything you said. I took ecstacy pills and speed regularly during the mid to late 90's as did many of my mates. Most of us have developed mental health problems due to these so called harmless drugs.

Psychosis, Schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, etc, etc and in my case i've had the lot and will probably have symptoms of each for the rest of my life although i look after my health nowadays.

If 1 good thing comes out of this post i hope its a deterrant to people using amphetamines and hash because you are playing with fire and its just not worth it. God help people who are abusing cocaine nowadays and are having the time of their lives. Many of them haven't got a clue whats on the other side when all the partying is done.

I can feel for what you are saying OP because one of the first times I took pills I had a really bad experience and it took me 6 months to get over it fully.

For me it took alot of thinking and finally talking to someone to get over it. Try and talk to a professional or even a good friend and it should help.

One thing I will say about your post is that you are blaming the pills. I think that is the worng attitude. When I had my bad experience I wasn't used to them and took 7 in a short space of time, which was way too much. I don't blame the pills I blame myself for being stupid and not having respect for the power of the drug. You said that you took 4 your first time, which again is too much for most first time users.
    With everything you try, especially if its drugs you have to have respect for it, do research before taking it, and start out small. You didn't do this and are now feeling the effects.

To anyone else who is taking them for the first time I would recommend trying a half and if you feel you need more later, take the second half. That way if you have a bad reaction it shouldn't be as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I understand your pain...not that I've ever experienced it, but I certainly have heard stories....

well the brain is like the hard drive on a computer...it stores info from everything it hears, see's, smell's, feel's...
    The only difference is that it's a little harder to remove info from a brain...

Really, talking about it here will help if people could just stop going off-topic!!! ...just get a few opinions, there are organisations out there that will help and listen while you ring them and remain anonymous. A chat with someone will always help!

In a last resort if this event gets totally tarnished in your brain, make an appointment with the hypnotist. It will be a last resort though.

~Nev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Man. After reading the OP's post, I wonder what my mate went through when I went through the windscreen of a car, and was in a coma for 3 days, when I was only about 12 years old.

OP: sounds like shellshock. Luckily, the cure is known, so the GP should be able to sort you out.

As for the drugs, if its made properly, you know whats in it. If its made in an illegal drugs factory, you never know what the filler is. Heck, diesel is added into soap-bar/hash to make it blacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Playboy wrote:
    And for people who think smoking marijuana is excluded from that then you are wrong. In my experience marijuana is potentially the most dangerous drug for the onset of some form of psychosis in later life. Long term habitual use of marijuana can be devestating for a huge number of people.

Totally agree with this. Too many people im close to have had thier lives destroyed by thsi drug. Worst thing is most of them are so out of it they don't even realise.

I was referring to anyone with their mates who think its a great laugh to take the pills, who would want to be prepared for an event like this. A dose of reality, thats what i got.

Thats what you or someone you know gets when playing with chemicals from a dangerous environment. I feel better now that i know that some posters have experienced the same or similar things. And got through it.

Im not threatening anybody! I gave a detailed discription of something that completly freaked me out in ways that you might not understand. And no, thats not another high horse, thats me admitting that im probably a weaker person than you.

When i was finished that discription maybe i was a bit forward in my last paragraph, but thats how i feel about anyone risking their lives for bullsh1t.
    Ok, firstly I'm sorry to hear about you and your mate's bad experience.

You said yourself that you'd taken pills only a couple of times? And the reason you took them was because you couldn't lay your hands on any grass. And to take 3 or 4 pills at once for someone who'd only taken them a couple of times? Not wanting to sound harsh, but that's kind of tempting fate. Yes I'd fully agree, for a person who's never done them before, or maybe a couple of times, to go to the stage where you take 3 or 4 in a night is foolish to say the least. I think that most people who dabble in Class 'A' drugs, which is what Ecstacy is, would not be reckless enough to take 3 or 4 doses in one of their first night's takin it. If your system had little previous use of any other Class 'A', and you took 3 or 4 doses (or wraps) in a night, the best possible outcome would be that you'd end up in James with a needle full or adreline stuck in your heart...
    fits wrote:
    Joker 77, We really dont know what goes into these pills. Taking drugs can have consequences. I've stopped smoking cos I just cant take it mentally anymore. The OP had a bad experience, and personally, I'm glad he shared it, we need to hear about stuff like this when it happens.
    Agreed, it's no harm to share the bad experiences to educate people on the harmful effects of drugs. Most of the people who've replied (including myself) have been there and are dealing with the consequences of long term drug use. But when the advice starts to sound like the high moral ground is being taken, that does more harm than good as I for one would be turned off by that.

Beruthiel wrote:
    I have quoted the above piece, because, (and I know you know this already) but what you did above was a very silly thing to do and could have resulted in a lot worse.
    Ambulance men/doctors and nurses are used to this. Not telling them the truth stops them from doing their work and may prevent them saving a life..

I know that was the wrong thing to do but at the time it looked like the worst was over, Cal would ask what happened, and that would have been it.

I know now that this was real stupid and should not have happened.
    anyway, he woke up the next afternoon - still none the wiser saying jasus that was an absoloute cracker of a night. we were looking at each other like he'd lost it. so we had to tell him what happened and he wouldnt believe us.

Aside from the memory loos that he experienced at the time, this was what i would have hoped for.

But as soon as we realised he was still in dream world, i wasnt going to take the chance of letting him sleep without constant monitoring.
    On another note i think the story seems a bit contrived, like another poster said you seem to think you know it all now and are very quick to pass judgement on something in which you have little experience

Little experience? Im sorry if it came across wrong, it was a three year on and off thing before this (the last time before this incident being new years, that was another night i didnt seem to be getting much out of them.)
    I love these comments off people that probably drink and smoke, the things which are a hundred times worse than what you posted about

Im not sure about alcohol seizures (i dont drink much and am off the cider for ages) but ciggarettes?? I thought cancer and other forms of diseases associated with ciggarettes would be slow, sneaky and painful.

Just ask my dead uncle about that, he couldnt talk because they had to remove his voicebox. It took him a good three years. Whereas if Cal had died, he wouldnt have known any better. His friends and family would have though.

A hundred times worse? :?

Sure we should legalize ecstasy in that case, and let anyone make it...
    Dub_Ster wrote:
    sounds to me like worry , post , traumatic stress, and wanting to forget something you can't and never will. so why try ?

insted of that go talk to somebody, like a sicoligist if it is eating you up as much as you say well then, getting it out of your system, in that way may help.

Its been a few months since it happened. If i hear a weird noise, a creak in a chair, try to sleep it all comes back.

I will be going to someone now. Thanks for your post Dub_Ster.
    Magic Pips wrote:
    OP: I would seriously suggest you go and talk to you GP, he will more than likely refer you onto someone. Dont let your ego (of going to a counsellor) get in the way of sorting this out.

It wasnt an ego thing, i just thought the below quote would do it!
    Also time will help heal the wounds.

@Playboy – Thanks for your comments, I will be seeing somebody about this soon.
    fits wrote:
    OP, I really hope you start to feel better soon. I had a mild form of ptsd after a burglary, but it really does ease with time. Perhaps moving flat might help, (maybe not).

Cant move home at the moment. Have to get rid of the fécking chair now though!
    similar wrote:
    I don't blame the pills I blame myself for being stupid and not having respect for the power of the drug. You said that you took 4 your first time, which again is too much for most first time users.

This wasnt my first time, although Cal had said he had taken them befor. I dont believe that now.

I blame the drug. A half one could féck you up if it was the wrong mix.
    nevf wrote:

In a last resort if this event gets totally tarnished in your brain, make an appointment with the hypnotist. It will be a last resort though.

That’s something I have been thinking about. Could go horribly wrong though.
    the_syco wrote:
    Man. After reading the OP's post, I wonder what my mate went through when I went through the windscreen of a car, and was in a coma for 3 days, when I was only about 12 years old.
    That sounds like a bad crash, thank god he was ok. Thankfully he woke up so soon. I take it that you and your mate weren't to bothered about going near a car for a while!

Ive seen a seizure before, i was calm, in school at the time, got my principal (the bollix!)

Also i have seen somone trying to commit suicide from an overdose (whole box) of sleeping pills, they ended up in ICU. I was strong about that, where possible.

I dont know what it was about this that messed my head so much. maybe it was the "what if". I dont wish it on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

hardly the drugs fault I mean taking 4 pills your first time is stupid, if I drank 8 cans my first time and ended up in hospital what would you blame, me or the drink, you would clearly blame me so whats the diffrence with your case

Anyways you said your friends eyes were rolling back, pretty normal on e

you said you friend was unresponsive then coming out of it, pretty normal on e

you said he was having little spasms, pretty normal on high doses of e seen my mates do it, obviously if hes having a violent spasm its diffrent

blood coming out of his mouth, probably from chewing on his gums

put it into prespective, doctors have confirmed he is fine, no damage done to him whatsoever and in the case of 2 of the sympthoms you mentioned they're quite common on e [eyes rolling, unresponsive for peroids of time] and in the other case its rare but its not life threatening at all and doesnt do any harm

• Advertisement

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    you said he was having little spasms, pretty normal on high doses of e seen my mates do it, obviously if hes having a violent spasm its diffrent

Little spasms? Where the hell did i say that?

Pretty voilent spasming my friend. Along with the noises he was making, they sounded like he knew what was going on and didn't like it. He looked like death when it was all over.

He never closed his mouth once, i was in his face the whole time. I was full sure it was internal.

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    hardly the drugs fault I mean taking 4 pills your first time is stupid, if I drank 8 cans my first time and ended up in hospital what would you blame, me or the drink, you would clearly blame me so whats the diffrence with your case

Anyways you said your friends eyes were rolling back, pretty normal on e

you said you friend was unresponsive then coming out of it, pretty normal on e

put it into prespective, doctors have confirmed he is fine, no damage done to him whatsoever and in the case of 2 of the sympthoms you mentioned they're quite common on e [eyes rolling, unresponsive for peroids of time] and in the other case its rare but its not life threatening at all and doesnt do any harm

And what about his memory problems and aggresive behaviour in the hospital. Listen m8 I have done pills, coke, acid, mdma, ketamine, grass, hash. ether, opium, valium and more drugs that I cant even remember. I did this consistently over a 10 year period and I have seen some fu**ked up ****. People have fits on xtc .. I have had them .. people end up in psychiatric care becuase of drugs all the time my friends and I have ... just pay a ward a visit some time. Dont be so naive as to come on here and tell this person that what happened his friend were normal xtc side-effects. There is a big difference between having a fit and being a bit smacked out of it on a pill. Your response is typical of that of a drug user who thinks that it will never happen to them. Live in your bubble m8 and defend the drugs .. but dont be so arrogant as to dismiss this guys experience because it doesnt fit in with your experience of the drug.

Playboy wrote:
    And what about his memory problems and aggresive behaviour in the hospital. Listen m8 I have done pills, coke, acid, mdma, ketamine, grass, hash. ether, opium, valium and more drugs that I cant even remember. I did this consistently over a 10 year period and I have seen some fu**ked up ****. People have fits on xtc .. I have had them .. people end up in psychiatric care becuase of drugs all the time my friends and I have ... just pay a ward a visit some time. Dont be so naive as to come on here and tell this person that what happened his friend were normal xtc side-effects. There is a big difference between having a fit and being a bit smacked out of it on a pill. Your response is typical of that of a drug user who thinks that it will never happen to them. Live in your bubble m8 and defend the drugs .. but dont be so arrogant as to dismiss this guys experience because it doesnt fit in with your experience of the drug.

are you being serouis, memory loss happens all the time on ecstasy and if his friend was feeling angry then the e would have exagerrated it greatly, I wasn't dismissing the guys experience just telling him that if his friend was in serouis trouble the hospital tests would have proved it and that most of the effects he was mentioning happen from time to time, obviously if you werent expirienced enough to know this you would be ****ting yourself and everything would seem 10 times worse, I had one of the same things happen my first time on e my mate was on the ground having these little spasms, i was freaked but luckily I had a mate there who had done them a lot and he said it was normal nothing to be afraid off and sure enough a minute later he stopped, no harm was done, my point was the OP should realise that his friends health is fine and that if he had been in trouble when he went to the hospital the tests would have shown it, it was a scary experience but no harm was done and your friend is fine

Little spasms? Where the hell did i say that?

Pretty voilent spasming my friend. Along with the noises he was making, they sounded like he knew what was going on and didn't like it. He looked like death when it was all over.

He never closed his mouth once, i was in his face the whole time. I was full sure it was internal.

sorry you said

he keeps this up for a couple of more seconds

so I thought you meant he was having little spasms

He never closed his mouth once when you were there but he could have been chewing on his gum all night and then when the spasms happened and he opened his mouth a bit of blood came out was my point

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    are you being serouis, memory loss happens all the time on ecstasy and if his friend was feeling angry then the e would have exagerrated it greatly, I wasn't dismissing the guys experience just telling him that if his friend was in serouis trouble the hospital tests would have proved it and that most of the effects he was mentioning happen from time to time, obviously if you werent expirienced enough to know this you would be ****ting yourself and everything would seem 10 times worse, I had one of the same things happen my first time on e my mate was on the ground having these little spasms, i was freaked but luckily I had a mate there who had done them a lot and he said it was normal nothing to be afraid off and sure enough a minute later he stopped, no harm was done, my point was the OP should realise that his friends health is fine and that if he had been in trouble when he went to the hospital the tests would have shown it, it was a scary experience but no harm was done and your friend is fine

you can experience memory loss on e such as forgetting what the hell you were talking about .. you dont forget who you are or where you live. I know the mini spasms you are talking about but I dont think this is what the OP is talking about .. people who have those mini-spasms are easily revived .. its just like being tripped out or half asleep. For me what the OP described sounded more like something similar to an epileptic fit .. something which has happened me after taking too many pills for too many nights.

Sure we should legalize ecstasy in that case, and let anyone make it...

Why because its a highly regulated industry now???
    At least people would make it proporly if it was legal.... and before people start galloping in on their high horses, i will state that it should not be legal to avoid this going totally off topic

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote:
    you can experience memory loss on e such as forgetting what the hell you were talking about .. you dont forget who you are or where you live.

Pill could have had MDA in it in which case it happens
    Playboy wrote:
    I know the mini spasms you are talking about but I dont think this is what the OP is talking about .. people who have those mini-spasms are easily revived .. its just like being tripped out or half asleep. For me what the OP described sounded more like something similar to an epileptic fit .. something which has happened me after taking too many pills for too many nights.

yeah thought he meant the mini spasms thing the way he said a couple of seconds later he stopped

Advertisement