Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to pierce or not to pierce

Options
  • 18-09-2006 7:16am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting my nipples pierced and would love to hear some comments from those who have it done or just your plain opinion on the matter.

is it a turn on or off and why?

Id love as many opinions as possible ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There's only one way to find out if they turn you on/off, and that's to get them done!

If you don't like them, take them out. (Just wait til they heal though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I personally love my nipple piercings, its different for everyone though. So you may hate em or like em lots. Also who ever you may get 'friendly' with may love them or hate them.
    Dont let anyone nipple cripple you, happend to me 2weeks ago and and almost split the guy who did it.
    obviously your nipples will be quite sensitive for a while, again depends how fast you heal.
    if you have any specific questions im sure therel be plenty of advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I have both of mine pierced, not really sure why - both were done on whims. Strangely enough the left one didn't hurt but the right one hurt like hell.
    I don't really find them a turn on as the piercings have done nothing to increase the senstivity and some guys don't understand that they should be gentle with them. However saying that I am happy with them and have no plans to remove them.
    As for nipple piercings on others, I don't really mind either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

It hurt quite a bit to get done, but it's fleeting. Just grit your teeth and breathe when the piercer says to.
    For a couple of days after try not to hit it off anything.. hurts like a bitch.
    It did increase sensitivity quite a bit for me - my nipples weren't exactly sensitive before.. and now one is - so I'm TOTALLY getting the other one done the minute I have the money!
    And my girl loves it. Like.. a lot!
    Go for it - they can always be taken out, like Fajitas! said, if you really don't like them!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

does wearing a bra cause problems???

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I was told to wear a sports bra actually if I get them done, it helps with the support or something...
    Im still undecided as to do it or not. Id love to hear some more opinions on what people like or dislike about them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Stay clear of tight padded push up bras for awhile if you get it done. Squishing will hurt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

do it.. what have you got to loose..
    the only thing is make sure its what you really want to do because it can damage milk ducts and can lead to breast feeding problems in future..

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SmoothyG

Both myself and my wife have them done, i really like them on a woman and she says they are very nice to the touch. she had both done but took one out to highten the difference in sensations. As far as damaging the milk ducts, i think that is just a myth, if you become pregnant then take them out, by the time you give birth they will have healed up nicely.

I work in an office so i get quite a kick out of knowing everone thinks im just another 30 something square when under the suit is 16 tattos and 3 piercings. it will be fun in jan when we are all going on an office trip to New Zealand on a team building exercise/Xmas Party. there will be no avoiding it then.

let us know if you get it done and how you experience went

nahh i dont really think its a myth.. i know of 2 girls that couldnt breastfeed properly, one had both nipples pierced and tryed.. they baby couldnt feed and started getting sick, was taken into hospital until he adapted to the bottle and regained his health.. the other girl had one nipple done and could only feed through her non pierced nipple.. maby its a case of they were pierced wrong or whatever or maybe its just the girls.. the could have developed diffrently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 stingy

i got mine done yesterday!!! :D

the piercest guy told me a piercing only cuts through 4 out of 24 ducts so it shouldn't interfere with breast feeding.

i think it really sexy on guys but mine won't get it done. :(

he afraid of piercings or just not want nipple piercings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 stingy

he thinks it not nice on lads. :(

well tell him to try them.. if he dont like them he can take them out.. whats the worst that could happen.. even tell him that you will pay for em and then craftely announce you had forgot your money when it has to be payed for.. just make sure he has cash..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

well it sure as hell wont work now!

feck off stingy :D

ahhh havok.. whats wrong with peirced nipples on a fella?

I think its hot on a guy tbh...
    still debating on my own, leaning towards it as long as I can get the breast feeding myth dispelled for sure as I may want kids one day and Id like to breast feed. Id also like to get the nerve damage myth dispelled, I can think of anything worse than losing feeling to my nipples gahhh

that link to mastitis made me puke....that alone has just scared me away from it.
    thanks.

Advertisement