Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porters

• 18-09-2006 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just a word I have been in Marlborough st DIT for past three years and the Porters there are legends , they are the most helpful I have come across,they actually go out of their way to help ya,

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its their job to be helpful i thougnt :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

not in kevin street and aungier street, *most* are pretty useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

kdouglas wrote:
    not in kevin street and aungier street, *most* are pretty useless

agreed. the aungier st. ones are wasters. get paid for doing **** all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Enda89 wrote:
    agreed. the aungier st. ones are wasters. get paid for doing **** all!

Ah here Enda, you've been in the college for maybe less then a week at this stage, bit of a harsh judgement. Just wait until you need them and the porters will be there for you. There's been a fair few times when I had no idea where to go and they sent me to where I needed to go. They do their job as far as I can see... what, do you expect them to carry your books for you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ya get the odd prat, but really, they do more than a security guard and less than your mother...a nice go between :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

frankie: newbie flaming aside, the porters in ast can actually be quite nice when you need help with something, i.e. ive often needed to borrow trollies or get doors unlocked etc, but on the flipside one of them kicked me out of the practically empty car park in the middle of the summer when i had to go into the societies office to collect something

kst on the other hand are pretty bloody useless most of the time but i havent had much interaction with them, i guess it really depends on the individuals your talking to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

Ah here Enda, you've been in the college for maybe less then a week at this stage, bit of a harsh judgement. Just wait until you need them and the porters will be there for you. There's been a fair few times when I had no idea where to go and they sent me to where I needed to go. They do their job as far as I can see... what, do you expect them to carry your books for you?

lol, ah i was only taking the piss man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Nicest porters I've had the pleasure of working with were in the LTC, which is a shame because most students will never meet them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Head over to Bolton Street to meet the king of the **** chaps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The porters are legends... when the SU was handing out those flyers that looked like 50 euro notes, one of the porters crumpled it up and put it beside one of the bins. Ten people in a row were almost dancing with joy cause they thought God had just given them 50 euro.

Stupid people getting their hopes up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement