Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Need Sat Nav - would a PDA be the best way to go?

• 18-09-2006 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Just got a new car and I know I'll be getting lost unless I get a sat nav. A PDA would be great too and have ben thinking of getting one for about a year now.

Would I be better off getting a PDA with Sat Nav on it or a dedicated sat nav device?

Has anyone any recommendations? (I have about 500 to spend - tho could stretch it a bit for something special)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

I use copilot which i got from expansys, though I already had the PDA. I think a bundle is better if you have neither.

anyhow www.expansys.ie is a good place to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I got a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox N520 (GPS built in) from laptopsdirect.ie for about €400 and Route 66 Navigate 7 from mysatnav.ie for €99.

It's a nice Pocket PC for the price and the Route 66 software is excellent. Maps are bang up to date too.

There's a lot of stuff out there and you should shop around. The price differences can be significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I have used both a lot over the years and I have to admit, I would have always followed the Pocket PC route, but then I tried a dedicated unit for the car and its way ahead of Pocket PC solutions. As the old saying goes, "horses for courses"

By the way, I am selling a Garmin c310 on adverts.ie if its of any interest. I currently have 4 GPS systems and have decided to move this one on first. The remaining 3 are 2 Pocket PC and 1 car unit, Navman ICN 320..... but the Navman only has Benelux maps on it as I bought it for use over in Belgium.

This is NOT just a plug for my sale as I already have interest in it and if you have any general questions, feel free to ask ;)

Advertisement