Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night in Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to take a group of work colleagues on a night out in dublin (nothing major just a meal and a few drinks) an dam looking for some ideas (from cork by the way and dont really know dublin). looking for a really good restaurant maybe around templebar or something all the group are foreigners so they might enjoy the templebar experience. anyone got any ideas?

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I have never Been there but the Elephant and Castle is in Temple bar and very popular - problem being they dont take bookings by phone, you'd have to call in, then go for a drink while you wait!

One of my fave's in The Good World restaurant on Georges Street, a lovely Chinese, and from there you can comfortably work to Grafton Street, Temple Bar or Camden St, as its very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

How many are we talking about here, and on what night of the week are you thinking?

Personally I'd avoid Temple Bar, but if they're foreign then they might enjoy it alright.

A few more details will aid in recommending what to do!

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Got to Eden in Temple Bar, if you want to go out there. if it's a nice evening you can have an outdoor table on meeting house square. Food is good, bellini cocktails are excellent and U2 are in there quite a bit so they might be able to gawk for a while.
    http://www.edenrestaurant.ie/
    Alternatively, the mermaid is quite good.
    http://www.mermaid.ie/menus.html
    If you want to try somewhere around Grafton Street, Venu is a new brasserie on South Anne Street run by the son of Patrick Guilbaud. i ate in there a few weeks ago and it was very good albeit it was quite dead at lunchtime. I think prices are the same for dinner as for lunch. http://www.venu.ie/
    Peploes on St Stephen's Green is also really popular and where I'd usually bring people:
    www.peploes.com
    Wouldn't go out in Temple Bar afterwards, it's not really a Dublin experience, people go there to meet foreigners. if they want to go more upmarket go to either Ron Blacks, Samsara or Cafe en Seine on Dawson Street - that's the main place suits go, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights. Not really my scene but loads of people love them and you can talk about how expensive drink is in Dublin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

TGI Fridays!

then go next door to Dandeline n/club

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

How many are we talking about here, and on what night of the week are you thinking?

Personally I'd avoid Temple Bar, but if they're foreign then they might enjoy it alright.

A few more details will aid in recommending what to do!

K.

thanks for the help lads.

it is going to be tomorrow night and the age ranges from 25-45 there's going to be 10 of us also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

if you all like Japanese food then I'd recommend Yamamori for food. It's on George's Street so very central. Nice beer, great food, nice atmosphere, and not too pricey.
    Another option would be ThunderRoad Café in Temple Bar. They're used to large parties of people who are on 'nights out'. It's Temple Bar, but anyone I know who has been has enjoyed it, and it should be okay on a Tuesday night.

Drinkswise, 10 is not a very large number really, so you've lots of options.
    2 for 1 coctails in Rogue on Dame Street 6 nights a week.
    Ba Mizu on South William Street (under Powerscourt Townhouse) is quite a good spot, but might be a bit quiet on a Tuesday.
    Dakota, accross the road from Ba Mizu should be okay as it's Tuesday. It's a nightmare at the weekends.
    The Stag's Head do a cracking pint of Guinness, and it's more of a 'pub' than a 'bar' if that's what you're looking for..

Tuesday is a good night to pick. A lot of pubs will be very quiet, but you shouldn't have to look very hard for a bit of life either..

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Don't avoid Temple bar during the week, its great fun! Elephant and castle is a great suggestion, the wings are famous. The booking policy is a pain and the staff NEVER say sorry about the delay (that annoys me) they have a sort of tough sh*t attitude when there is a two hour wait. HoSen is a really good Vietnamese place opposit club M, good food, good value. I reckon a sort of pub crawl is the best option... go from temple bar up grafton st., take in a couple of the gay bars along Georges st. to....

enjoy.

Advertisement