Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Ryder Cup on public transport

Options
  • 18-09-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I've won a pair of tickets to tomorrow's practice day.

I'm relying on public transport to get to the K Club (from Dublin city centre). There's the official option from Irish Rail of train from Connolly to Leixlip Louisa Bridge, and shuttle bus from there, all for the special "Ryder Cup Ripoff(tm)" price of €20 return (which they call a "special offer"!)

Would it make sure (financial) sense to get a regular bus from the city centre to the Park & Ride at Weston Aerodrome (oops, I mean "Weston Executive Airport")? I assume this is possible, even though the organisers are only promoting the train option to the non-car owning public.

In which case which is the best bus to get? (And how much of a walk would it be from the bus stop to the Aerodrome?)

And will we be allowed ride the shuttle bus to the K Club even if we are not actually "parking"? (As part of the price, we got a ticket for parking, so we have that, but not sure if that makes any difference).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The 67/67A bus passes by the entrance to weston aerodrome and the 66/66A is a 10-15 min walk away.

There won't be a problem with using the shuttle buses without having parked a car as long as you have the event tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may not help, but look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054934289

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

im sorry to tell you this but todays practice session has been caled off.
    you cant get o a train or a bus to the k club today.
    check the news for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

No it hasn't, it was just delayed until 10.

Advertisement