Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saniflo - any good?

Options
  • 18-09-2006 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Like the subject says, is the "Saniflo" setup any good?

Looking at it for an under the stairs toilet. The house is a semi, but with the stairs on the shared wall - so to put in a regular loo I'd have to dig a trench through the kitchen.

Anyone got any experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I find them good.
    what route you have in mind for the pipe?

some kids are facinated by them and you get all sorts of stuff being put in, balls of twine and ballons being a favourite, this causes probs as u might expect.

Needless to say u need to tell people what cant be put in, including babysitters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

I find them good.
    Needless to say u need to tell people what cant be put in

I agree with ircoha. Saniflo's aren't very good if you use excessive toilet paper or Ladies ST's. Once people are careful what they put down the pan they are solve a lot of problems.

Be careful which type you buy as sometime the cistern is away from the wall if it's a close couple pan. I believe they have a slimline version for this type of setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

I would agree that they are very good, as long as used as directed( i find the sticker they supply to be very funny:D),
    We installed a SaniFlo Pro for similar reasons to the OP, We piped it up through the attic and across (the pro will pump vertically to about 5 metres), the only thing id say is they tend to be noisey when in operation and are very prone to blockage, even from toilet paper as was said.

I think its a great product overall though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Agree with all above. It basically works if you follow the rules.

I wouldn't advise it if there is any other possible alternative though. Is there anyway you can run a drain pipe under the kitchen units?

Be sure learn how to clear the damned thing. It isn't that difficult, but the problem is that if you get a guy out to do it and he does it in a rush, he often won't get the full blockage out. If it gets blocked on toilet paper, it's probably because there's something else in the way as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Thanks guys :)

I'll find out how to clear the thing properly. Not sure what route the pipes will take at the moment as it was my wife who was in the house when the plumber was in to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the_manchine

So...it's been more than a few months since I started this thread and me and the little woman decided to go ahead and get a saniflo system.

The problem is that I can't get anyone to fit it! I been in touch with fair number of people that various bathroom places have recomended and to a man none of them have even given me a quote. Some have come out and had a look at what would need to be done and left promising a quote within a few days, but then it just radio silence, nada, nothing.

Do people in the industry just not like fitting these things or is there so much work about these days that a awkward job like this isn't worth the hassle?

I've seen some of the other threads and I'm not looking for people to post contact details etc... (although a PM or two would be welcome).

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Saniflo have a service guy who might fit it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Saniflo have a service guy who might fit it for you.

hit the Saniflo service engineers link .....

http://www.saniflo.ie/SB_contact.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the_manchine

Ta,

I've given one of them a call - fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sham08

I am doing a building renovation which includes a bathroom, in an outhouse that is approx 1.5m below the level of my AJ so I am thinking of using a Saniflo unit. But my problem is that the ground is sloping down from the AJ to where the saniflo unit is so I don't have the option of pumping directly up and across as recommended by Saniflo, also I cannot pump to a septic tank as it is a built up area.
    1) Can I pump upwards at an angle to my AJ or will I contantly get blockage problems, does anyone have any experience of doing this?
    2) Is there any issues with placing the pipe underground in terms of frost etc?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement