Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did UTV drop their Clicksilver prices

Options
  • 18-09-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question. Can anyone confirm when UTV dropped their prices on Clicksilver 2mb package from €29.99 to €24.99 per month?

Just noticed they are still charging me €29.99 per month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Eircom are reducing the price of broadband as of the beginning of October. Since the wholesale prices will decrease at the same time, the other operators reduced charges should come into effect then too. Your bill may have been issued before UTV knew about the price reduction. It should get corrected on the next one if so, but keep an eye on it to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

gandalf wrote:
    Just a quick question. Can anyone confirm when UTV dropped their prices on Clicksilver 2mb package from €29.99 to €24.99 per month?

The Usge Policy page (http://u.tv/utvclicksilver/usage_policy.asp) says that the current promotion (first 3 months unlimited and reduced price) started on 27 January 2006. That sound like abut the time that last round of broaband price decreases came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

gandalf wrote:

It's a promotional price that applies to new connections between the 24th of January and the 30th of September. €11.99 for the first 3 months, increasing to €24.99 there after. It doesn't apply to existing customers unless you ring them and request it, but in doing so you have to agree to the new T&C's. That includes a new contract and a disconnection fee if you leave (even outside contract). One of the many reasons I left UTV.
    As jor el said another price drop is in the offing. See what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

. . so who did you move to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

How much is disconnection fee & surely if you are happy with service and stay put it is still worth doing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

AMHRASACH wrote:
    . . so who did you move to?
    BT. Never had a problem with them *Touch wood*.
    Raiser wrote:
    How much is disconnection fee & surely if you are happy with service and stay put it is still worth doing ?
    The disconnection fee €29.99 if you are outside contract.
    I was happy with the service and price for about a year and a half but then the service went downhill and they weren't the cheapest anymore. That coupled with the sneaky way, they tried to get you into a new contract, the strict enforcement of the cap, the constant DNS issues and the lack of support.
    BT came out with a great package so I jumped ship.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote:
    BT. Never had a problem with them *Touch wood*.

The disconnection fee €29.99 if you are outside contract.
    I was happy with the service and price for about a year and a half but then the service went downhill and they weren't the cheapest anymore. That coupled with the sneaky way, they tried to get you into a new contract, the strict enforcement of the cap, the constant DNS issues and the lack of support.
    BT came out with a great package so I jumped ship.

Yes that nasty obsession with getting people into new (or extended) contracts wasn't nice at all and was counter productive I think. Does anyone know as a matter of interest are they passing on the lastest reductions to existing customers or do they still require people to extend their contracts to get the new pricing?

Advertisement