Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electronic display breaking down.

Options
  • 18-09-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My car has an electronic display for the air conditioning unit. Over the last year this has occassionally broken down lasting on average a half hour, where the display flickers so fast that it can't be read. The actual air-con works fine.

I showed my dealer a little video clip of the issue and he suggested it was a faulty unit and needed to be replaced. The car was sent to another garage for the warranty work to be done but they didn't do anything and I got the car back after two weeks. The explaination was that they couldn't reproduce the issue.

Surely a video of a fault would be enough to demonstrate a problem? I've taken lots of videos of it now, but am getting a rub-off from the garage. What can I do? The car is still under warranty.

Cheerio
    Howard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

these guys are messing you around. Use a different dealer or complain to head office.

what car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

It's a Sorento, I'm really getting frustrated. Going to make some calls now.
    Cheerio
    Howard

Advertisement