Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More window fun...

Options
  • 18-09-2006 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was opening our sitting window yesterday when I noticed a gap between the base of the windown and the window board.
    The silicone has come away from the window and the gap is about 7 mil.
    If I give the corner of the window a bit of a shove it does move, well I guess wobble is the best term for it.
    Its certainly not solid.
    So, what do I do?
    Its a new PVC window that has been in under a year so its still under warranty.
    I've already had the company out several times about the front door and am loathe to call them back again as Im not convinced that they will do a better job this time.
    Is this a serious problem or can I just ignore it (while watching to see if it worsens?)
    I reckon the heat must have made it expand and come a little loose (its black PVC so gets very hot to the touch in summer)

Any advice?
    Help?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Greebo
    "If I give the corner of the window a bit of a shove it does move, well I guess wobble is the best term for it.
    Its certainly not solid."

Its certainly not right, end of story I'd guess not enough or bad fixings.
    Get them back. Complain in writing , in case you need it later to prove faulty from start
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Make them come back and fix this NOW! No window frame should move when fixed in place and to me this sounds like one badly fitted window. Who are the company that fitted the window? Hassle them every single until they come out and fix it for free and damage theY cause fixing it make them fix and pay for it as well!

DON'T LET THEM AWAY WITH THIS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

dont forget a few pics and maybe some web cam for ur file

Advertisement