Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited or No Connectivity

Options
  • 18-09-2006 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm working for a school at the moment.

They have 3 computer labs with around 30 pc's per lab.

This morning 2 of them are working fine but in one lab none of the pc's will connect to the network. I'm getting "limited or no connectivity" under the lan connection on every pc! Everything was working fine on friday....there were no changes made to anything over the weekend!

I've checked the cabling on the pcs, patch panels and switches and everything is fine!

The other 2 labs are working perfectly so the network is defintly up and running!!

Anyone have any ideas!!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Hi,

looks like a switch issue . The only common components to all the netcard/P.C's is the switch itself . Is it a configurable switch cisco/3com or is it just a plug and play job. If its a Cisco or whatver you can enable logging etc. to find out what going on. you could also check the link/trunk up to the router from the switch . If its not a subinterface on the router, use a laptop to check the router is ok by plugging straight into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

You should also check if they are XP SP2 there a few problem with PPTP software causing problem on that release with network cards . And dont forget that you need to ensure that if these boxes are using DHCP, your DHCP polls active and have sufficent addresses to allocate out . If you have a speific pool for this network then that may be your problem.

Advertisement