Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who did you join?

Options
  • 18-09-2006 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

So what did everyone join/does everyone plan on joining this year?

I joined L&H, Lawsoc, Netsoc, Gamesoc, Dramsoc, Jazzsoc and the CTN and now I can live off of freebies for a few weeks..

Think I'll head back to the tent later for some jamming with the Jazzsoc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Oh yeah, freshers week...
    What scuttering eejit put it the day after the All-Ireland final?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

people from dublin....

haven't been in college yet, i'll probably just join whatever has the tastiest food as freebies, maybe the pokersoc as well.

edit: breadmonkey says they're gougers so maybe not, wanna explain for me!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Of course they're gougers, it's a poker society!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

CTN? Thought that was dead in the water. Are they still going on about having a TV station piped out to res and all that other bullshit they were sprouting last year? Saw a few of their cameras in the first two weeks last year filming and then nothing after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I joined Sailing and Fencing and by golly ill go this year .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Grimes wrote:
    I joined Sailing and Fencing and by golly ill go this year .

I did fencing in my first year here. They put me off the idea of ever joining a society again. Maybe they've improved since then.
    Good luck.
    Did they have any nice freebies?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gamesoc, Netsoc, Sci-Fi and TKD. Nothing else I can be bothered giving money to.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Stickifieded.

I haven't joined anything yet because it's raining and I don't want to get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I think I will join boxing and maybe squash but that is it!

I don't want to get wet.

Wuss.

(Originally I was going to call u a wuzz. But apparantly that means "stinky pubic hair") :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I didn't bring any money, so I couldn't join stuff. I did spend a good bit of time over with JazzSoc though, so I'll be joining them. Probably hit GameSoc, NetSoc, and L&H tomorrow. Not really sure what else yet.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Damn! I should have used the no money thing.

Damn! I should have used the no money thing.
    Wouldn't have believed ya hulla.....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Game, Net, Law, L&H, World Aid (friend on the comittee made me), Poker, Sci-Fi. I think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

maybe I'm getting too old for this after nearly four years, but I found the fresher's tent far too loud and full of excitement to go inside. That said, I still went in just to get lollipops and those fantastic Christian Union cookies. And join the sci-fi soc and netsoc, so I can have my official geek cards. the UCD survival guide is looking pretty good this year too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DramSoc, GameSoc, NetSoc, Mathsoc, Sci-fi and Ninjutsu

I'm such a nerd...=/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Join YFG and you'll get ton stare at Pythia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

dramsoc, lawsoc, L&H, B&L, C&E, Suas...tomorrow it's onto the sports centre..and maybe back to the tent if i've any spare €2 coins lying about!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Let's see if I can remember them all. I joined EngSoc, NetSoc, GameSoc, Sci-Fi, MathsSoc and ComedySoc. I may join more and maybe a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Game, Net, Law, L&H, World Aid (friend on the comittee made me), Poker, Sci-Fi. I think that's it.

boo yeah! I signed you up good. Good few boardsies swung by my way today, thanks guys...
    maybe I'm getting too old for this after nearly four years, but I found the fresher's tent far too loud and full of excitement to go inside. That said, I still went in just to get lollipops and those fantastic Christian Union cookies. And join the sci-fi soc and netsoc, so I can have my official geek cards. the UCD survival guide is looking pretty good this year too

My housemate made those.

Obviously have joined the L&H...other than that have returned joinng favours to LawSoc, English Lit soc, Arch Soc (doughnut, yum- thanks Boneless) and planning to get with Christian Union tomorrow when the housemate is around as well as Comedy Soc and Belfield FM. Oh yeah, I joined BnL cos I was really hungry and wanted pizza...but the less said about that the better and all. :p

Also kudos the the SU kids and Dajaffa who give away free stuff without ya having to join!! G'wan the hacks!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

An Cumann Gaelach and World Aid Soc thats all ...nothing else impressed me [and I fainted in the tent :eek:]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This is what you get for wearing the scarf ALL the time. You overheat! =p

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I joined the usual stuff, L&H, C&E and Law socities and some others like the Dutch, drama, comedy, outreach, sci-fi, english lit, classic and history. Wow, €20 down the drain in one day....(and i'll probally never go to most of them either...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

ELS, History (Keith made me.) ArchSoc ('cos I was afraid of what else Boneless might have had in his bag :eek: ) DramSoc, L&H (I wanted the discount on La Senza. And the icecream. At least I'm honest!).

By the end of the week I can guarantee I'll have joined many more societies, none of which I will ever have anything to do with. DEFINITELY joining LawSoc because they dropped free pizza over to us. Got to love that kind of service.

To everyone who joined the ELS, thankies, now come along to the meetings. I'll be nice, I promise. Well, I'll try.:(

So far (money restrictions) Q-Soc, CESOC, B&L Soc and of course PokerSoc.

Tomorrow, i hope to join Eng Soc as i hear they have an excellent concessions card. Also hoping to join the Canoe Club.

Who gave away the most worthwhile freebies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ooh I joined the cycling club too. Must remember to pay them..

Also, huzzah, my thread is a sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just YFG so far, but will prob join L&H cos of the boyf, Ag Soc, maybe Classics and MathSoc. Not really sure. I'm not working anymore so money is precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I joined the ELS (I'm on the commitee), L&H (Booo they didn't give me a Kitkat like they promised on their poster:mad: ), Dramsoc, Dutchsoc and sci-fi.
    I think that I'll join YPD's but I haven't decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Joined dutchsoc, simple obvious appeal, and I know who to pester if I don't get my money's worth:D
    can usually join scifi or film soc at the events so I'll join if and when I actually want to go to something, other than that I don't think there's anything else I'd actually participate in.

Oh and where are the sports ones, at the gym?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I joined ... Dutch...(and i'll probally never go to most of them either...)

My favourite type of customer
    Joined dutchsoc, simple obvious appeal, and I know who to pester if I don't get my money's worth

Least Favourite type :P

Advertisement