Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'PIMP MY SHOW' thread (got a show/station to promote? let us know!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭jeffreylebowski

Recorded right here in Dublin:

The Wireless Express Show, a movie podcast by a couple of charming layabouts that features in-depth movie discussions, general pop culture talk and occasional interviews with people ranging from Dan Walsh, the man behind Garfield Minus Garfield to Johnny Nguyen, writer and star of The Rebel.

http://www.wirelessexpressshow.com

Feedback is welcome! Send it to podcast [at] wirelessexpressshow [dot] com.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Right!... Here's the thing... I've been doing a bit of work with iRadio lately, which has included newsreading, production and some other bits and pieces... including this:

"Saturday Night i" - 12 hours of dance music from 6pm every Saturday night with Simon Murdoch, John O'Keeffe, Special Guests and... Paul Van Dyk.

This week (September 4th) the special guest DJ in the mix between 9 and 10pm is... me ;)

It'll be an hour of party tunes - current and classic dance hits, mashups and more.

Tune in on i105-107 - 105 to 107FM around the north east and on www.i105107.ie ... Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Howdy all,

I'm just here to let you know about Two States on RTE 2xm.

Two States is RTÉ 2XM's light-hearted look at the world of Indie and Alternative music. Each week, Danny Carroll and Sean Conroy bring you exclusive interviews and acoustic sessions from Ireland's best new bands. There's also the recommended 'Free-For-All' download, musical plagiarism in 'Thieving Backstards', and even Sean's Shaft style venture into the 'Funk Files'.

Recent interviews have been conducted with Klaxons, Girls and The Cribs, as well as in studio sessions with upcoming Irish bands The Looks, Sweet Jane and Take The Money & Run... and we're only seven weeks in!

So tune in every Monday morning at 10 and Thursday at 8pm for fun, frolicks and funk. :D

FYI... I'm "in the mix" once again tonight on i105-107 - 105-107FM and on http://www.i105107.ie/ (stream link: http://bit.ly/i105107live) - at 10pm for an hour (leading up to Paul Van Dyk). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Starts on Monday Sept 27th @ 2pm on Near90fm
    The Boys Club is a new 4 part Radio Series about the history of the Boys Clubs in Dublin.

The series will chart out those forgotten moments of Dublin history, a Dublin that has now been taken over by office blocks and apartment schemes. Hear the (former) boys tell their stories, about those life-long friendships, the impact that these clubs had on them, their families and their communities.

Clubs featured in the series include St Francis Xavier Boys Club, Brú Mhuire, Belvedere Newsboys.

The series begins on Monday 27th September 2010 at 2.00pm and can be heard on local community radio station, Near90fm (90.3 on your dial). Programmes are also available live streaming at www.near.ie and will be available on www.nearpodcast.org

The Boys Club is devised and produced by Beaumont resident, Joe O’Connor, a former member and leader with St Francis Xavier Boys Club and his son, Near90fm volunteer Dave O’Connor, with the assistance of the Sound & Vision Fund, a Broadcasting Authority of Ireland initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Howdy. I co-host two shows, the first being a bi-weekly noise and experimental show, which you can find at http://otherside.servebeer.com/toneplus/index.html.

The second is a fairly new show, which I've just become involved in, called Geek Love Radio, which is a weekly sex / romance / what have you talk show. We're currently taking a break or a couple of weeks, and should be back around the 30th of September. You can find that here, http://misterwizard.podomatic.com/.

Thanks, people!

In the mix again during 'Saturday Night i' on i105-107... not sure what time my hour long set goes out, but some time between 8 and 11pm... (probably 9...)

Reading news for the most of Friday and all of Saturday (on both iRadio stations). Sure it keeps me off the streets... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the Artists Space

The Artists’ Space is a new show on 103.2 Dublin City fm which focuses on artists working/living and exhibiting in Dublin. The show features previews and coverage of events, exhibitions, installations and profiles of individual artists.

We explore the many spaces and galleries in the city and speak to the artists, curators, directors and other contributors involved. The show covers all genres and variations of Art and Architecture, from broader profiles of scenes and themes to detailed explorations of unique works and personalities.

The show is broadcast at 1pm on Thursdays. Today is the third in the series. Today's guests are Nick Kelly (ex the Fat Lady sings - Musician and Film maker), Boz Mugabe (Artist) & Fionnuala Collins (Artist)

Listen live at dublincityfm.ie

http://dublincityfm.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

join me tonight on Dublin's Love Song Station Heartbeat 88.1FM tonight from 10 where I will be bringing some the nicest love songs on the planet!

www.heartbeatfm.net

On i105-107 tonight at 10pm is the LIVE iLife 4-hour Hallowe'en special from a haunted farm in Navan...

I'm on the desk back in the studio in Athlone...

web site: www.i105107.ie
    tune in: http://bit.ly/i105107live

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/iLIFE-with-Paul-Gill/102607470425

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 UCC Philosoph

Marc Coleman presents a radio show, Coleman at Large on Newstalk every Tuesday and Wednesday night at 22.00.

As an experienced economist and journalist Coleman looks at topical issues with a panel of guests. The show is full of lively discussion and controversial debate. This Wednesday, November 10th the show will be broadcast live from the Clarion Hotel on Lapps Quay in Cork with a studio audience. It is being organised in conjunction with the UCC Philosophical Society and seats in the audience are open to all of their members. So if you have ever been to a UCC Philosoph debate join the audience of Coleman at Large in the Clarion at 20.30 on Wednesday, Novemebr 10th.

A brilliant and entertaining show just got a whole lot more exciting and interactive!

Tune in every Tuesday and Wednesday at 22.00 on Newstalk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ThomasRyan3

Hey All.

Just to let ye know that South Tipperary General Hospital Radio is now live on the net please check us out at www.clonmelhr.org
    Are here is the link.
    http://dream.wavestreamer.com:1420/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darragh808

Alright folks just dropping in to let you know Sunset radio has launced in Dublin on www.sunsetradio.org and on shoutcast with live shows every night from 8pm to 1am... shows include, Indie,rock,Metal,ska,Reggae,Dub,Punk,grunge,Drun and Base,Jungle and oldskool... tune in and check us out.. Dublins alternative :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shedfm

http://www.shedfm.pcriot.com/SHEDFM/
    SHEDFM is a 24hr online house music station running out of Cork for 6 mths now. We are always looking for fresh mixes and new Djs. We prefer Deep house but anything HOuse will do. Check out the site and register in the forums if you like what you see. Post links to mixes/profiles/upcoming gigs etc.
    Also looking for Djs who want to play live on ustream or blogtv. We run nights around Cork ''The Shed Sessions'' . We give Djs who support the site a chance to play at the these gigs and get themselves out there. Any suggestions for the site are also welcome.
    Bookings can be made by contacting shedfm@hotmail.com
    Enjoy
    Alan
    http://www.facebook.com/SHEDFM
    http://www.myspace.com/shedfm_cork

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Hey there guys!

The names T.j. Wallace.
    I've started a new radio show on a community radio in Bundoran on Sundays at 2 O' Clock.

Now the reason I'm posting is because I get a lot of feedback from friends and relatives saying I'm good etc etc. But that could be just a biased feedback due to the close relationships. So I'm wondering if anyone would have a quick listen to 1, or both (If you like) Of these podcasts and give me some honest feedback if you like it or not.. You don't have to listen to it all.. Just quickly fly through it if you wish.

http://media.westernwavesfm.org/index.php?id=16

http://media.westernwavesfm.org/index.php?id=32

All feedback will be greatly appreciated ! :)

Regards
    TeeJay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

DIT FM is back next week from 6 - 10 Dec!
    The eagerly awaited return of DIT Radio is next week and the schedule promises a week of great content and quality music. The 3rd year students of the BA Media Arts course take to the airwaves for the first time following months of preparation and are chomping at the bit, raring to go. Things to look out for this year include the brand new competition 'DJ For A Day'. The station is giving one lucky DIT student a chance to win a slot on the show and to help him or her realize a dream of hosting a radio show.

On Monday December 6th, Emma Hamilton will kick things off with the breakfast show. This will be a regular across the week and will also feature news and entertainment from Sinead Moloney. Our mid-morning madness comes in the form of the Sarah Clarke Show. Sarah will ensure that your Monday morning is an enjoyable one. The afternoon brings us back to our childhood, tune in at midday to hear the likes of Aqua, Backstreet Boys and 5ive as Aoife Connolly presents her hour of Smash Hits. After that the time machine will take you back even further. Heather Blackbyrne brings you Class Gold Monday at 1pm with Laura Stewart's 'Spinning In The 90's' on at 2pm. Right across the week at 3pm, the students of Journalism with a Language will take over for an hour with 'The Blah', a current affairs programme. With this being the week of the budget, the show is sure to be one of interest to everybody. Afterwards at 4pm, Emmet McNamara takes over with 'Mercury Poisoning?'. He will be looking at the bands that won the prestigious Mercury Award and seeing how they have faired after this. Many have never replicated what they did to win it. The question begs; is it a curse?

Tuesday December 7th. This is sure to be a day that everyone talks about for months to come. We'll be out and about on the streets getting people's thoughts on what is sure to be a landmark day in Irish economic history. We'll break up the seriousness with some brilliant music. Heather will be back on air at midday with Come Together: The Beatles Story. An adequately named show as solidarity has never been more important to Irish society. It's important to remember to laugh in these hard times so Laura returns with her hour of LOLs at 2pm.

With all that seriousness out the way, Wednesday December 8th promises to crack on with the music. After your regular fix of the Breakfast Show with Emma, Sinead takes over with 'Music @ the Movies'. Tune in to hear all of your favourite soundtracks. You be sure that you'll be only treated to the best as we are media students and if anyone knows the best soundtracks it's us! At 12 there's myself. I'll be telling you the UB40 story and playing you a selection of their finest tracks. Following that, Sarah Clarke is back for another hour of hits and she'll be followed by the Alternative Afternoon Show with Cathy Flynn. Things are wrapped up then for the day with Evelyn Murray's No.1's Show.

By Thursday December 9th, we'll have to begin to come to terms with the fact that we can't stay on air forever. Emma's back as usual with the Breakfast Show at 9am and after that, our guest from the UK, Doug MacKinnon brings us his Eclectic Mix as well the mid-morning Rock Show with yours truly. By now we'll have given away plenty of prizes and had a ball but things aren't completely finished yet.

Our final day on air for this stint of DIT Radio is Friday December 10th. Last but by no means least, we'll have The Syd Barrett Story with Doug, 'How Soon is Now' - The Smiths Story with Cathy and the winner of our DJ for a Day competition. Hannah Barrett will be on in the afternoon with 'Sex and the CD' to get you ready for your weekend of partying and things will be wrapped up by Evelyn who will be playing those infamous tracks that failed to make it to number one.

"We've planned a full range of programmes which we hope will entertain the student population and keep their minds off the weather and the Budget. We're upbeat and we've got some cracking tunes,"

- Pat Hannon, Station Director, DIT FM

More info and details of all shows here!

DIT FM 97.3 in Dublin City and live on the web check www.dit.ie or search DIT FM on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It gives me great pride to announce...

And so...after 11 days of annoying, nonsensical anagrams...on the 12th day of Christmas, AMT gave to the world a first for Irish broadcasting: the announcement of ‘AMT Live!’ Taking place every Tuesday night in Captain’s Live, Blanchardstown (from Tuesday 25th January) let us explain just what the hype is all about.

‘AMT Live!’
    Following in the footsteps of the likes of Russell Brand and Kevin Smith, AMT bring to you a brand new live experience where we take the art of the ‘Irish Pub Banter’ to the stage. It’s a talk show, a podcast, a piss-up and a night filled with banging choons all in one. We’re going to have Celebrity Guests, skits, banter, quizzes and even be giving away free booze! Old favourite segments like the Headlines, Celebrity Therapy, Don’t Forget the Ly-Rick and so on will be back mixed with a whole bag of new plans that...yes...will often involve the audience getting up on stage and taking part! Those who can’t have the craic need not apply.

Free booze, you say?
    Yep. We want the audience to get involved in the show and will be lining the stomachs of those who participate so we can get them drunk...and take advantage!

Who’s are AMT though?
    AMT stands for Anger Management Therapy, the radio show that was hosted by former pro-wrestlers ‘Ragin’ Rick Nash and ‘Angry’ Andy Barton (the team known as Anger Management. Ahhh, it all makes sense now!) It aired for two years on 92.5 Phoenix FM before the duo left to pursue their next challenge (this).

AMT became a quick cult success – with over 18,000 downloads of their podcast in over 30 different countries – thanks to such different, controversial pieces like Rick invading the X Factor, Andy chatting-up Diva Next Door models live in-studio (well...trying to anyway...) and contributor Anto Lynch robbing a taxi live on-air. Some of our celeb friends of the show include the likes of Razorlight, international playboy Neil Strauss, Apprentice legend Breffny Morgan, Republic of Telly star Eric Lalor, and the list goes on. We’re a much-needed kick up the arse in Irish radio and are looking to make more memorable moments here and now!

How much?
    That’s the best part: it’s all FREE! Free entry into Captain’s, the podcast is free to download and if you’re lucky you might get some free drinks! If you don’t get free booze, then drinks in Captain’s are only E3 on a Tuesday anyway! What more could you ask for?!

What/where is Captain’s Live?
    Okay, crawl out from underneath that rock, because you’ve missed out on the hottest new live bar in Dublin. Located in the Blanchardstown Centre, Captain’s Live has been open since mid-2009 and has quickly become THE hotspot in Dublin 15 (plus Tallaght, Grafton St and Cork) with great bands, performers there every night. Tell you what, do two quick things for me: first, scold yourself for not knowing about Captain’s. Then, look them up at CaptainsLive.com for more info.

I’m in work/college the next day, I can’t be staying out late during the week...are you actually insane, yeah??
    Consider yourself a little bit judged for not being able to do the late shift, but don’t worry you don’t have to stay out if you don’t have the balls: the show will run from 9-11pm. Just in time to catch the last bus! For those who want to do it right, after the show Rick will be doing a DJ-ing set (as seen in some of Dublin’s top nightclubs) til late.

What if I can’t make it?
    Well unless you don’t actually live in Dublin...there’s no real excuse that you CAN’T make it. And you’d be a zzzope to not want to. But if work or other responsibilities interfere, then rest easy. The show will be recorded and the best bits of each week put online to download as a podcast, and in short video clips, so that you don’t have to miss out on any of the action!

We’re AMT. We’re The Inbetweeners of Irish radio. We’re back and we’re going ‘LIVE!’ starting Tuesday 25th January. Stay tuned to facebook.com/amtherapy for info on guests etc. And until then, make sure that you...

STAY ANGRY!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just one last plug as we've just released our last promo video before the series starts NEXT WEEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I've been DJing on the internet based Classic Rock station iROCK109 for the last 3 years or so... great music, great DJs and some fun stuff thrown in for good measure - 24/7 rock music, 24/7 requests 365 days a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

dcufm-logo1.jpeg

Hi guys, I'm the Sports Editor of Dublin City University's student radio station DCUfm, and want to tell you a small bit about our twice weekly sports chat show, Action Replay.

Action Replay is the only sports show on what is the best student radio station in the country. On the show we look back on the previous weekends action, preview any upcoming games and discuss the main news of the day. Soccer, rugby and GAA would be the main areas we cover but we try look at as many sports as we can.

We've also had some of the biggest sporting names in the country come onto the show. Pat Spillane, George Hamilton, Sean Boylan, Pat Fenlon, Jamie Heaslip, Jimmy Magee, they've all made appearances on the show in the past 12 months.

The show airs on www.dcufm.com, where you'll also find a bunch information not just on AR but all the other shows on the station as well.

You can keep up to date with the show by adding us on facebook at facebook.com/dcufmsport, where you can also listen back to podcasts of previous episodes.

So join us on at 5pm every Monday and Thursday on DCUfm, and if you have any queries or want your club covered then drop me a PM here or send an email to sport [at] dcufm.com :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Dead Man

Skip to the 2:30 mark to get to the SINGLES CHART ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 countryforlife

came across a great one that plays alot of middle of the road songs played by Irish Artists

www.mightyavonradio.com

http://cp.internet-radio.org.uk/tunein.php/mightyavonradio/playlist.asx

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

came across a great one that plays alot{sic} of middle of the road songs played by Irish Artists
    Ah, "came across", eh? That old chestnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 countryforlife

:)

moved to "pimp my show" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bladez23

Hey,

Just launched a new show there on Life FM in Cork called Rebel Rhythms.

As the name suggests its a Dance/Electronica music focused show bringing the best in 90's classics, Electro and Trance. Each week there is a featured artist mix.

Only been running for about 6ish weeks and would love some feedback/recommendations/suggestions.

Its on 93.1FM in Cork and Online each friday Night between 8-10pm.

"Like" the Facebook group please and thanks for your time (:
    http://www.facebook.com/RebelRhythms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fm 1

Good show head i like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bladez23

Still finding my feet with it but it awesome thanks for that.
    If you had any Ideas on how I could improve it in anyway would love to hear it (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The radio man

Mid West Classic Gold is an internet station based in Limerick City playing classic gold hits from the 70's and 80's and more. its on every weekend, Fri 8-12 Sat and Sun from 2pm to 11pm You can contact the station at midwestclassicgold@gmail.com You can tune into via the following link mwcg.listen2myradio.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Rob Davis - Love Songs right across the Hospital Radio Network.

Advertisement