Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'PIMP MY SHOW' thread (got a show/station to promote? let us know!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Hey boarsies!

I've started my own online station 'Resonance Radio' where the best of Indie, Alternative, Rock, Electronic and Ambient music can be found! The link to the station is here and our facebook page can be found here where you can also give us any opinion or feedback on what we have goin on :)

The project is only starting out now but with everyone's support we're hoping to turn it into something that will grow and grow :) Over the first few shows we've played Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, deadmau5, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brocdj

Station: Broc radio
    Broadcasting: Sunday 9pm (Alt rock and Indie)
    Monday 8pm (Classic rock)
    Thursday 8pm (Music range)
    Sunday 3.30 (Jazz and Blues)

Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/BROC/343390175690602

Also we're always open to new shows and presenters. Feel free to PM us if you're interested.

Broc on!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dooley44

Hey Guys -

New Balbriggan community radio now online..

Go to www.communityradiobalbriggan.com and click listen!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

547486_10150835461861398_1332376314_n.jpg

A few weeks ago, we presented the first episode of a new podcast that looked to tackle sports from a fan's perspective. We wanted to talk about it the way people do down the pub...with pointless nostalgia, debates, and so on. But we also wanted to use outside experts to give the full story and keep people informed on the latest goings on.

The AMT Sportscast was born.

Featuring the likes of Bob McKenzie (of Atlantic 252, FM104, pretty much everywhere in over two decades of sports broadcasting), Dan 'Pitchside' Pitcher (FM104) and experts from the likes of TheScore.ie, The Sportscast tackles ALL sports once a week, and tries to have a laugh in doing so. From the likes of football, rugby and GAA to sports that don't get as much media coverage over here, like UFC, darts and NBA. We want to tell you everything you need to know but, at the same time, not make it feel like a boring school lesson in doing so as a lot of sports broadcasts do.

It's available to download on iTunes for anyone who is interested:
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/the-amt-sportscast/id422611021?mt=2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

leggo wrote: »
    547486_10150835461861398_1332376314_n.jpg

A few weeks ago, we presented the first episode of a new podcast that looked to tackle sports from a fan's perspective. We wanted to talk about it the way people do down the pub...with pointless nostalgia, debates, and so on. But we also wanted to use outside experts to give the full story and keep people informed on the latest goings on.

The AMT Sportscast was born.

Featuring the likes of Bob McKenzie (of Atlantic 252, FM104, pretty much everywhere in over two decades of sports broadcasting), Dan 'Pitchside' Pitcher (FM104) and experts from the likes of TheScore.ie, The Sportscast tackles ALL sports once a week, and tries to have a laugh in doing so. From the likes of football, rugby and GAA to sports that don't get as much media coverage over here, like UFC, darts and NBA. We want to tell you everything you need to know but, at the same time, not make it feel like a boring school lesson in doing so as a lot of sports broadcasts do.

It's available to download on iTunes for anyone who is interested:
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/the-amt-sportscast/id422611021?mt=2

Sounds good. But i havent got itunes as i dont really listen to music. Would it be possible to put it on soundcloud or standard podcast for those without itunes, facebook etc?

• Advertisement

Sounds good. But i havent got itunes as i dont really listen to music. Would it be possible to put it on soundcloud or standard podcast for those without itunes, facebook etc?

Yep, no problem man. Our base podcast site is on Podbean where you can follow it by RSS and so on, if that suits better. Here's the link (don't mind the URL, it's for an old project!):

http://peopleareidiots.podbean.com/

Or we're also on Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/amtherapy

...if that's any easier for you. We update whenever there's a new show, and with other sports-related stuff!

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks!

Thanks!

No prob, cheers for your interest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Couldn't get permanent work on air in Ireland because of my English accent, (it's the 21st century, move on!) so I moved to New Zealand and I'm on air here instead.

Taken from the breakfast show on UP-FM in Auckland.

http://soundcloud.com/middaymashup/toast-breakfast-show-podcast-3

Moving to a national broadcaster next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

paulhannon wrote: »
    Couldn't get permanent work on air in Ireland because of my English accent, (it's the 21st century, move on!) so I moved to New Zealand and I'm on air here instead.

Taken from the breakfast show on UP-FM in Auckland.

http://soundcloud.com/middaymashup/toast-breakfast-show-podcast-3

Moving to a national broadcaster next month.

This is class. If you're starting a new show next month be sure and let us(well, me anyway :P) know where we can listen/download it, preferably on iTunes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I've got to say its as good if not better than some of the commercial movie shows
    Tuesday nights from 7pm to 8pm
    Its called.... wait for it... No Country For Old Film Buffs

Have a listen I believe they're on Facebook and which I must go a route out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 iain-not-ian

bbability wrote: »
    I've got to say its as good if not better than some of the commercial movie shows
    Tuesday nights from 7pm to 8pm
    Its called.... wait for it... No Country For Old Film Buffs

Have a listen I believe they're on Facebook and which I must go a route out.

Howdy, Iain here from No Country for Old Filn Buffs. Thanks a million for the compliment. This is the link to the Facebook. Couple of podcasts on it too. Cheers for listening!
    http://www.facebook.com/NoCountryForOldFilmBuffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ultach

Beidh Raidió Rí-Rá ar ais ar an chóras FM ón Luan beag seo, 24ú Méan Fómhair ar feadh 2 seachtain mar pháirt dá cheadúnas sealadach bliantúil. Beidh sé ag craoladh ar 94.3FM le cláir beo ó 8 go dtí 8 gach lá, iad go léir ag obair go deonach. Go n-éirí leo arís i mbliana!

Raidió Rí-Rá's back broadcasting on FM from this Monday for 2 weeks as part of it's annual temporary license. It'll be available in Dublin this year on 94.3FM with live shows from 8 til 8 every day, with all staff working voluntary. Best of luck to them again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Ri Ra are available on Dab in Dublin, NRG are currently on 94.3, we shall see what happens on Monday, also ITT FM from Tallaght IT are due on 99.1 on Monday till Friday of next week 25th - 28th Sept, theres a station on 99.5 at the weekends and the odd night during the week Tallaght Sound playing a mix of 80s to dance music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Ri Ra are available on Dab in Dublin, NRG are currently on 94.3, we shall see what happens on Monday, also ITT FM from Tallaght IT are due on 99.1 on Monday till Friday of next week 25th - 28th Sept, theres a station on 99.5 at the weekends and the odd night during the week Tallaght Sound playing a mix of 80s to dance music.

NRG have moved to 91.6. If I recall correctly there was issues with Klub FM using that, RTE's 2FM TX is very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

Rivitin' History is a two part pilot drama for a ten episode radio series. It is a satirical comedy about the ability of the eccentric Professor Henri DuFornicate, and his equally odd assistants, Marion Monroe and 'Duck the Bullets', to travel back through time in ancient Ireland. It also concerns their relationship with TCP Crawley; the producer of FLMfm Radio's ''Rivitin' History'' Series.

The first episode will be broadcast on Near FM on Wednesday, the 10th of October at 6pm and the second episode will be broadcast at 6pm on the 17th.

www.nearfm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 th4tfella

Ok so basically its like beat 102 103 well it sounds like it anyways only with one young presenter doing most of the shows he is good for what age he sounds give him a 16/17 year old there only online aswell listen to them at youthfm.listen2myradio.com they start at 9:50Am on a weekday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

th4tfella wrote: »
    Ok so basically its like beat 102 103 well it sounds like it anyways only with one young presenter doing most of the shows he is good for what age he sounds give him a 16/17 year old there only online aswell listen to them at youthfm.listen2myradio.com they start at 9:50Am on a weekday

Blowing your own horn there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 th4tfella

hahaha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ULFM, UL's student run radio station, began broadcasting for the Spring Semester last week. The station broadcasts Monday-Thursday 11am-11pm, and on Fridays 11am-5pm, with automated music outside of those hours 24/7.

My show is on Thursday evenings between 6:00-7:00pm, and is a shameless rip-off of Friday Night 80's on Today FM :o. Each week, I play some of the best tracks from the decade, as well as a Soundtrack Selection and weekly competition where you can win a 3-CD set containing 60 80's hits.

Listen back to previous shows (and indeed every other show from the station) here (this is a new system only implemented this week, so be patient while the bugs are worked out).

You can like the the Facebook page here, and here's last night's playlist just to give you a flavour of the sort of stuff I play:
    KC & The Sunshine Band - Give it Up
    The Jam - A Town Called Malice
    Culture Club - Karma (Chameleon )
    New Order - Blue Monday
    Detroit Spinners - Working My Way Back To You
    Boston - Peace of Mind
    Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
    Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes - Time of My Life
    Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
    The Cars - Drive
    Gary Numan - Cars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Ok shameless plug :) I have a show on BCR fm on Fridays at 1pm. It's called Reverb, I play indie pop. There's a Facebook page called Reverb on BCR 92.6, I'd greatly appreciate a like or two :) you can listen on www.bcradio.ie or on mixcloud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fuzzielogix

Station : VKRS Radio
    Format : Streams underground electronic music 24/7. Showcasing selected tracks from Netlabel, Creative Commons, Copyleft and Independent Electronic Artists.
    Frequency : http://206.190.136.141:7714/VKRS
    Broadcast : Online 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

PRESS RELEASE

Limerick City Community Radio LTD. (LCCR) have been awarded in principle (subject to contract) a temporary licence from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) to broadcast on FM every Saturday and Sunday from 8am to midnight beginning March 1st for 15 weekends (30 days).

With a dedicated team of over 20 volunteers, LCCR will be broadcasting from studios at Tait House (formerly Southill House) and will be available citywide on 99.9 FM with thanks to Wired FM.

For further details contact:
    info@lccr.ie

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/limerickcitycommunityradio
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LCCR1

295186.jpg

Some personal notes:

There's a lot of work to be done in the next week before we broadcast on FM, including but not limited to bringing the website up to scratch, finalizing the schedule, and moving our equipment into Tait House from our home for the last 9 or so months at Windmill Motors just off the Ballysimon Road.

This is Limerick City's first-ever licensed community radio station. We're all extremely excited to be broadcasting on FM as LCCR has been in the making for about a year now and so far we have been broadcasting exclusively on the web 24/7, with live shows going out during weekdays and non-stop music to fill in the gaps.

I personally joined up last July and was invited to be on the management team, having previous experience in community radio outside of Limerick City. Our website will soon have profiles of all the volunteers and their roles, including for those on the management team.

The station is not ours. It belongs to the people of Limerick City. As a not-for-profit community station, our aim is to give the city a voice on the airwaves and we hope to see our team of volunteers grow further as we get the word out and begin broadcasting on FM. Our main goal for the short-term future is obtaining the 100-day license so we can broadcast for 50 weekends of the year and in the long-term we hope to be granted the 10-year license so we can broadcast 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Hi,

A group of friends got together recently and started a new project - 24/7 live streaming music.
    We provide live streams and list internet radio stations, which are mostly electronic music genres.

But we are open to new ideas and we provide the tools required to stream live music.
    DJs and managers have access to our web-based panel and encoders for broadcasting.

Each channel have their own station managers who look after schedules, djs and music.
    We are interested in expanding and we'd like to invite anyone interested to get involved.
    You can connect to our streaming servers and do a live show from the comfort of your home.
    We also provide free lessons in setting up dj tools and encoders which are required to stream.

We're currently developing the websites and mobile apps which we hope will be ready soon.
    If you have the tunein app you can find all our channels listed there for the time being.

We hope you enjoy the music.

Thank you for your support,

www.mixlive.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

New little project I am working on... live presenters soon!

http://tunein.com/radio/Noughty-s225329/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

00's?

surely the worst decade music has ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

New little project I am working on... live presenters soon!

http://tunein.com/radio/Noughty-s225329/

Good job man. One thing you could look at is getting the artist info up for each song.

Also, your jingle says that your facebook is facebook.com/noughtynoughty but that doesn't bring up a page?

Planning on bringing it to the fm anytime soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

FB page

https://www.facebook.com/noughtydublin

and the 00s was an excellent decade for music!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

FB page

https://www.facebook.com/noughtydublin

and the 00s was an excellent decade for music!!!

A natural progression from the 90s network Mike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

Best of luck

Advertisement