Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robson Gone

• 18-09-2006 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Small surprise really. Bryan Robson has left WBA by 'mutual consent'. Which is code for "He is sacked".

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1517069,00.html

Interesting to see who comes in for this job. WBA have a decent enough squad, and should be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

How is young McShane getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last time I looked they were 4 or 5th in the table so its a bit sudden.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hes disappointed as a manager imho, even at Boro when he had cash to spend they were very unpredictable and eventually ran out of steam :o

A bit of a Souness / O'Leary type manager :o

SAVAGE player though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

It came as a surprise to me. I personally saw West Brom doing very well under Robbo. There must have been something else to it than what meets the eye. I'm not convinced. Best of luck to him in the future, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

There were rumors that the chairman was trying to bring in a director of football which unsettled Robbo.
    If it's true, then it's certainly not the first case. Santini at Spurs (well, if Arneson's presence was in fact the reason he left) and Redknapp leaving Pompey when Mandaric brought in that Zayec chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The chairman at West Brom is a bit funny anyway isn't he. The way he fell out with Gary Megson was a bit strange.

But then again Robson is no Alex Ferguson so wasn't surprised by this at all.

He need help to keep Middlesboro in the Prem by Terry Venebles and struggled with that team even though he had money to burn. I know he got to 2 or 3 cup finals but its the league that counts and where the money comes from.

And as the chairman said yesterday he only won 19 of 81 games in charge so that doesn't make good reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

he would have gone sooner or later he is a poor manager, woud be surprised to see him get another job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Alan Curb, Lawrie Sanchez and George Graham leading contenders for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

sundula wrote:
    woud be surprised to see him get another job.
    If Mick McCarthy can find constant employment anyone can :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

I was surprised at this coz although we r 9th we r only 5points behind the leaders. Then again we have only won 19games out of 81 under his reign. He wasnt allowed spend money in janruary which screwed up our premiership campaign but he got a few good players (im delighted to c an irish player on the team-McShane) now i wont be boo-ed for waving an irish flag at the matches :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

wba88 wrote:
    I was surprised at this coz although we r 9th we r only 5points behind the leaders. Then again we have only won 19games out of 81 under his reign. He wasnt allowed spend money in janruary which screwed up our premiership campaign but he got a few good players (im delighted to c an irish player on the team-McShane) now i wont be boo-ed for waving an irish flag at the matches :)
    :eek: Mother of Christ, we're all doomed. Doomed I tell thee, doomed. I hope you get booed, non-stop, and that they haunt you while you sleep!

Curbishley? If he doesn't go to Leeds?

Advertisement